2000 Silverado beds Vs. 1988 and up

I am looking to purchase a camper shell for my 2000 Silverado. It is a full size, short bed. I have found a bunch from 1988 and up in the classifieds but don't know if Chevy has changed the full size short bed since then. Does anyone know if the beds have changed since 1988?

Welcome tot he site!

The beds did change slightly from what I can tell.  I don't know if the deminsions have changed or not.  According to the brochure I have for the '91 that I had, the length is the same, but the width is different.  The Brochure for my '99 chows that the new bed is about 3 inches wider.  I don't know what part of the bed they take these measurements from, but if you know someone with '88 style bed, you could measure the width of the rails, width from rail to rail,  the  and width of the front rail and tailgate, and the length from front rail to tailgate.

Hope this helps a little bit.

WHARFRAT72-

Jack Straw said to tell you hello.  He's playing with Uncle John's band.  He got a Deal, for One more Saturday night, to play with Bertha, Cassidy, Casey Jones, Rosemary and St. Stephen.  They're Truckin' down the Golden Road, to Mexicali Blues with some Sugar Magnolia, China Doll, a Friend of the Devil and an Estimated Prophet.  Guess they've got the US Blues!!

-Pigpen

The whole truck is wider and longer.  But Tom's right the length is the same.  6 3/4' or 8'.  Been that way for years.  My father had a tonneau cover on his last 1998 truck, but it wouldn't fit right on the Silverado.  He's getting another one this fall.

Welcome to the forum!!

I'm only echoing wha tothers have said. The beds have changed. Gotten wider. With tie downs though, I'd think that most would fit. Good luck.

Archived