havoline motor oil

it smells different from other oil but its probably just as good as any have a friend that puts havoline 10w30 in his 2002 z71 hes got about 55k with no probs.im also interested in opions about havoline i use castrol now but have used havoline some in the past.

As far as conventional oils go, Havoline is the tops (at least it was a few years ago). My father performed a bunch of dyno tests on different oils a few years ago, (kinda like they do in those Castrol commercials), and Havoline was number 1. Valvoline was actually down towards the bottom. Mobil1 synthetic beat everything that he tested (he didn't test Amsoil...I asked him recently). I use Mobil1 myself :D

Havoline is a good all-around oil. It is known to keep engines very clean inside. My dad headed up the maintenance dept. at an underground zinc mine, and they ran Havoline Ursa 20-50 in all of the underground heavy equipment with Deutz Diesel engines. Whenever they tore down an engine, he said they were as clean as a whistle on the inside. Personally, I run Havoline 30wt in all of my mowing equipment and Mobil 1 in my silverado.

• 2 weeks later...

Over at the oil groupie's site there are many good comments about Havoline.

After reading a mountain of posts about dino and synthetic oils I decided to feed my '04 4.8 Havoline 5W-30 dino oil during the non-cold months and for the cold winter, to improve cold weather flowability, Mobil 1 5W-30 synthetic.

When I change the Havoline it looks close to what it did when I put it in and, when I feel it drip down fingers and arms then rub those appendages together the oil is very slippery.

Using my tactile senses the stuff just seems to be quality and fully capable of doing what an oil is supposed to do.

Archived