Split from "trucks" & "SUV" misses the point

Same DNA and parts bin, so same problems and fixes.

Lost is that association between them and all to do with "too many" posts, so goes to 2nd page too soon.

A very good thing, "too many posts", as other boards are dieing from lack of posts.

Plus the types of folks who own pickups vs SUVs are a bit different. Of course a generalization, but pickup truck owners typically will have a higher percentage of owners who will wrench their own and use their trucks as "work" trucks. Not to say SUV owners don't, just not as large a percentage, IMHO.

In doing this split, lost are some of the solutions that apply between them.

I own both SUVs and Pickups. Now I'll have to visit both, which creates more overhead for limited time budgeted for this type of thing.

I'm curious, y'all. Why not just select VIEW NEW POSTS? Are you guys just staying in just a few topic areas??? Is this why there is a problem?

I just do the new posts thing and am in and out in just a few minutes, unless I want originate a post or respond.

Indeed, I have a link for NEW POSTS which I click on, bypassing a lot of digging around: http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?...rch&CODE=getnew

I'm curious, y'all.  Why not just select VIEW NEW POSTS? Are you guys just staying in just a few topic areas??? Is this why there is a problem?

I just do the new posts thing and am in and out in just a few minutes, unless I want originate a post or respond.

Indeed, I have a link for NEW POSTS which I click on, bypassing a lot of digging around:  http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?...rch&CODE=getnew

That's how I do it.

For those of you who aren't aware of what we're talking about, there's a link in the top right area of every forum page (even within topics) that when you click...It will display all the new posts, in all the categories, since your last visit.

You never know when you have a little tidbit of information that could help a guy with that 1 ton crew cab...Even if you drive an S10.

Didn't know that function existed, and will try.

Another issue is that the search function is not as good as it used to be, as they've not increased the numbers of folders it has to look through.

Will stick around a bit to see how it goes, but clunky and don't like it.

Mainly because the other Suburban forum is not well maintained and Pacific-Audio is down.

Nope, view "new posts" doesn't do it for me.

Too much time needed to weed through.

Pre-filtered by the "old" and the "new" too many folders to go to.

Guess I'm just too picky and not enough time to view all new posts...

Well, I do spend a bit more time here than the average member, so that's not really an issue for me. :seeya: I do however, realize that that might not be an option for others.

FYI for those of you who are worried about that method producing too many results...If I log on once per day, and click the "view new posts" link, I usually get 3 or 4 pages of posts total.

Archived