got my lift today BUT...

i finally got it done at outlaw... well on my way back home today, 3 lights came on my dashboard, abs, service break system and parking break. i call them and see whats up and they said its becuase i switched out the gears. he said it does it on some cars. is this true? i dont feel like spending 300 bucks on a programmer... i dont get it becuase i would think that they have to take care of it but telling me to buy a programmer doesnt seem right. any other ways to do it? and will the programmer make the light go away? thanks.

If I was in your shoes I would end up buying one...either way is your speedometer off? This would also correct that problem. Although I've never re-geared a truck so not sure why those lights are coming on. I've never had any lights on my last and new truck come on. Hopefully the programmer will take care of it. What kind of truck do u have? Any pics of ur truck with the lift?

If I was in your shoes I would end up buying one...either way is your speedometer off? This would also correct that problem. Although I've never re-geared a truck so not sure why those lights are coming on. I've never had any lights on my last and new truck come on. Hopefully the programmer will take care of it. What kind of truck do u have? Any pics of ur truck with the lift?

ABS readings are taken from the VSS on the ouput shaft in the transmission and both front wheel sensors. It is then compared with the hard coded factory ratio. If the computer thinks you have 3.73's and you replace them with 4.56's calibration will fail.

3.56? Don't you mean 4.56?

Just get a hypertech programmer.

He is right. Any programmer will work. Your 35's will be less than 34" tall in true mathematical reality (Not measuring from the ground up). So any programmer can calibrate it.

my 35's came out to 34.8 and my old hypertech only went up to 34 for the tires and the abs and brake light still came on with my 4.56 gears, i had to have superchip change it when i got the proggam for my radix s/c, you should call whoever you are going to get the programmer from and make sure it can adjust for your tire size or just get a custom tune or if you have a lap top maybe efilive or hptuner program if you really want to have control of all your adjustments and have scanning and data logging capabilites

ABS readings are taken from the VSS on the ouput shaft in the transmission and both front wheel sensors. It is then compared with the hard coded factory ratio. If the computer thinks you have 3.73's and you replace them with 4.56's calibration will fail.

it uses the vss on trans and both front wheel speed sensor signals and the set tire diameter and gear ratio to compute the vehicle wheel speeds if the speed between front and rear has more than 10 percent differance it will pop on the abs, traction controll (if you have it) and brake light, disable the abs and traction controll and register a wheel speed mismatch code 238

• 1 month later...

Archived