Locked Radio - No Power Loss?

Here recently the radio in our '01 Suburban keeps locking. I have checked all the cables, positive and negative. Everything is tight, no corrosion. Truck starts fine. Any ideas of why it would do this? I'm thinking a loose wire but I have no idea where to start. I any suggestions welcome. Thanks.

Here recently the radio in our '01 Suburban keeps locking.  I have checked all the cables, positive and negative.  Everything is tight, no corrosion.  Truck starts fine.  Any ideas of why it would do this?  I'm thinking a loose wire but I have no idea where to start.  I any suggestions welcome.  Thanks.

If its giving you a problem you can just take out the code and radio will play regardless.

If its giving you a problem you can just take out the code and radio will play regardless.

Yep. No one steals just radios any more, so I don't know what its supposed to protect. They just take the whole darn truck. Just another sales gimmick/feature that they can say the truck has, I guess.

That's probably because of the way factory radios are integrated into the vehicle now. I'm sure the anti-theft features haven't hurt the trend as far as radio theft goes.

On a related note, is it possible that the inability to remove the radio easily has contributed more to the theft of the entire vehicle? :D

On a related note, is it possible that the inability to remove the radio easily has contributed more to the theft of the entire vehicle? :D

I assume you are kidding, right? I can have my radio out in less than 30 seconds if I did not care about the way the dash trim looked when I was finished...

Archived