How hard is it to put on a 4" lift?

A Flame Wrench is really handy to have on hand, but be real careful around gas lines , wires, brake lines etc. Much caution, but it is real fast and sometimes needed.

GOOD Floor Jacks and Heavy Duty Jack Stands are needed also.

The truck I am putting it on is an 89 GMC sierra 2500 4X4.  The lift I want is a procomp 4" suspention lift.  I don't want to put on a 6" because you have to cut the drive shafts and lenghthen them. I don't think you have to weld with this kit. I never put on a lift before and I just wanted to know if there was anything special to doing it.

i put on a rancho 4 inch my self with some help and I am 18 it took about 3 days, 7 because of missing parts. I believe you shouldn't have much trouble. Just don't rush it.

By the way sense your doing it your self you will find out that you can get another 3-4 inches out of it.  My lift I got 7 inches out of it with cranked torsoin bars and an add-a-leaf.

Good luck, Chevy

Quote: from TeamGreen on 4:14 pm on April 5, 2001

I am going to get a 4" procomp lift and i'm wondering if I could maybe do it myself. What all is involed with putting on a lift? Do you need any special tools?

Also, if you go too high. it is Illegal in some States.

Archived