Throttle body and rocker arms

Has anyone put the BBK 80mm throttle body on their 6.0? Any improvement?? Also, has anyone added the 1.8 rocker arms and dyno'd it. Just wondering if the added lift moved the torque curve closer to the left (lower RPM's). My truck does fine pulling my 9k+ towhauler (fully loaded w/toys :D , but I'm always looking for alittle more "umph". Thanks everyone!

Adding lift to a cam moves everything to the right. TQ and HP move up the rpm range usually. So does adding a throttle body spacer. Adds more volume to the plenum. This in turn slows down the air movement at lower speeds and adds more velocity at high rpms. The TB would probably do the same.

Adding lift to a cam moves everything to the right. TQ and HP move up the rpm range usually.  So does adding a throttle body spacer. Adds more volume to the plenum. This in turn slows down the air movement at lower speeds and adds more velocity at high rpms. The TB would probably do the same.

The 6.0 already makes max grunt at 4k RPM, so I wouldn't want to move to power too much futher to the right. Sounds like these mods are good for "racing", but not good for towing??

Archived