Edelbrock shocks question

I picked up a set of brand new Edelbrock Performer IAS shocks for the rear and a used set of front ones that the guy claimed were only used 1-2 wks, but decided to pull because of problems with the autoride system. They look good so he was probably telling the truth, but I just noticed the rears which are brand new are fairly easy to compress and extend fairly quickly, but the used fronts are almost impossible to compress by hand. If I put all my weight into it (200 lbs) they'll compress, but very slowly, and extend very slowly. Is this normal, or did I get ripped off?

Thanks, I installed them on Saturday.

You're right, they don't feel overly stiff at all. In fact, they feel great!

2 of my old shocks were weak and made gurgling sounds when I compressed them. 1 was completely dead! It had ZERO gas charge, that one was super easy to remove! Only 1 shock still had any life left in it at all.

Now it rides like a brand new truck. :sigh: I don't know what Bilsteins or other brands feel like, but from what I can tell, Edelbrocks are very good shocks. I also like how they are upside-down to reduce unsprung weight. Very unique.

Archived