body and suspension lifts

Recently purchaced a 93 GMC Suburban 2500 4x4 for camping and light off roading. I had inquired at a local shop on the difference between a 3" body lift and a 4" suspension lift. After some discussion, he told me a body lift was very easy, but if I chose to install a suspension lift later, the body kit would have to come out because they can't both exist in the same vehicle. Is this true or does he not want to do the extra work. I can't think of any reason other than some wires may need to be extended. Any thoughts?

I just spoke with the guys at my local 4Wheel Parts about this since they hold the policy that they won't "stack" lifts. From what I gather it is simply a matter of liability as most things in this country are. When lifts are stacked the center of gravity of the vehicle is higher than the suspension geometry is actually designed for it to be. Not that that is really a big deal if the driver is careful. But, "some where, some time" someone sued somebody because the flipped there truck after some place installed a stacked lift and many businesses now refuse to take the risk. As the guy who I was talking to said, most of the guys who work there have stacked lifts.

Archived