6.0L coolant leak????????

the other day i went to my buddies shop to change the oil, we got it up in the air and noticed coolant coming from the front of the motor, water pump looked dry, we couldn't trace it because of all the stuff in the way, but i traced it as far as the front of the oil pan where it meets the block. i know its not coming from there but thats as far as i could see. i know trans fluid is also pink but this did not appear to be trans fluid and all trans lines were dry. SO WHAT THE HELL IS GOIN ON??? now im not talkin a small wet spot, im talkin enough to make droplets. so any pointers on this would be great, i drive it normaly dont beat on it too often and its only got 43000 on it so this shouldnt be an issue!

• 3 weeks later...
the other day i went to my buddies shop to change the oil, we got it up in the air and noticed coolant coming from the front of the motor, water pump looked dry, we couldn't trace it because of all the stuff in the way, but i traced it as far as the front of the oil pan where it meets the block.  i know its not coming from there but thats as far as i could see.  i know trans fluid is also pink but this did not appear to be trans fluid and all trans lines were dry.  SO WHAT THE HELL IS GOIN ON???  now im not talkin a small wet spot, im talkin enough to make droplets.  so any pointers on this would be great, i drive it normaly dont beat on it too often and its only got 43000 on it so this shouldnt be an issue!

water pump gaskets

Archived