Line X Bottom Of Truck?

I'll hopefully be doing this in the upcoming summer. Going to spray my rockers up to the door ding molding line, over the flares, inside the rear wheel well, and to the rear bumper. Got quoted $600-675 which seems right on par. Northern Michigan winters and salted roads will attack these areas without mercy. I did Herculiner on my old truck and while it looked good at first, it faded and was too thin. I think spray on is the only way to go.

295_1.jpg

I want to do this with all of the salt around here, but I don't think it would look right with no body line for it to stop at. Unless I see some good looking other trucks with it, I'm going to have the rear wheel wells, lower rockers, door sills, and lower interior of the doors done.

I want to do this with all of the salt around here, but I don't think it would look right with no body line for it to stop at. Unless I see some good looking other trucks with it, I'm going to have the rear wheel wells, lower rockers, door sills, and lower interior of the doors done.

I am in the same boat. I want to do this, but i haven’t seen any NNBS with the line x.

I just washed my truck this AM. I have a couple of bad rock chips on the rockers. I think the line x would solve everything. The winters suck here in northern Ontario.

My truck is Silver birch im no sure how it would look?

I am in the same boat. I want to do this, but i haven’t seen any NNBS with the line x.

I just washed my truck this AM. I have a couple of bad rock chips on the rockers. I think the line x would solve everything. The winters suck here in northern Ontario.

I don't think LOOKS is going to be your strong point.

Once it is on there for a while it is going to be impossible to clean. Like an old spray in liner does. Protection should be a good thing though... Perhaps you could just do the lower 4 or 6 inches of rocker / door, etc. It wouldn't look too bad and it would offer some protection.

Line-X can be color matched for a few extra $

This is a rust free 98 I picked up about 15 months ago, I just took all the moldings off and was going to Line-X the bed along with the rockers. I thought I'd use the crease in the fenders to do pretty much what the guy with the ford did.

Now I'm leaning towards color matching, I think it will look much cleaner.

98001.jpg

I am in the same boat. I want to do this, but i haven't seen any NNBS with the line x.

I don't think LOOKS is going to be your strong point.

Once it is on there for a while it is going to be impossible to clean. Like an old spray in liner does. Protection should be a good thing though... Perhaps you could just do the lower 4 or 6 inches of rocker / door, etc. It wouldn't look too bad and it would offer some protection.

Yah I didn't think about the cleaning thing. So I think I’m going forget about lining alot of my truck.

I going to try to do a photoshop of my truck with 6 inches of the rockers black.

I think the 07 NBS would look nice with the fender flares sprayed. It would give it that Bush Wacker look.

Which style do you mean?

New body style = nbs 99-07

New New body style = NNBS 07-08

Pretty sure he means the NNBS.

I think the 07 NBS would look nice with the fender flares sprayed. It would give it that Bush Wacker look.

Which style do you mean?

NNBS

Which style do you mean?

Sorry, but this makes no sense. What exactly is "new" about the 99-07 body style? If you added an "N" to NBS for every redesign, wouldn't we be on about NNNNNNNBS? by now?

NBS = current bodystyle

OBS = ALL previous bodystyles.

Archived