Where Is My Fuel Pressure Regulator?

hi everyone. I have a 96 chevrolet C3500 with the 7.4L vortec. I wanted to replace the fuel pressure regulator as I have told they all go bad. BUt I don't know where to locate it. Any help appreciated.

well if you are looking under the hood (facing the truck) it is just right of the distributor( so drivers rear of engine), BUT your not gonna see it unless you remove your upper intake off :rolleyes: , yeah i know it sucks, some guys have changed it without removing it, BUT man i don`t like to swear that much :crackup: (doing stuff blind), you`ll need some really small internal snap ring pliers, other than that, taking the upper off its not such bad a job (carefull of the injector harness). I highly recommend you replace or really check the vacumm hose that attaches to it (the regulator) when your in there!!!

:crackup: HAVE FUN, any questions letme know i`ve done more stuff to my 454 than i care to admitt!!

hi everyone. I have a 96 chevrolet C3500 with the 7.4L vortec. I wanted to replace the fuel pressure regulator as I have told they all go bad. BUt I don't know where to locate it. Any help appreciated.

well if you are looking under the hood (facing the truck) it is just right of the distributor( so drivers rear of engine), BUT your not gonna see it unless you remove your upper intake off :rolleyes: , yeah i know it sucks, some guys have changed it without removing it, BUT man i don`t like to swear that much :lol: (doing stuff blind), you`ll need some really small internal snap ring pliers, other than that, taking the upper off its not such bad a job (carefull of the injector harness). I highly recommend you replace or really check the vacumm hose that attaches to it (the regulator) when your in there!!!

:lol: HAVE FUN, any questions letme know i`ve done more stuff to my 454 than i care to admitt!!

Just hoping you can answer my question too. I've got a 2000 454 that is loosing fuel pressure when shut off. Almost as soon as the pump quits the pressure starts to drop, making for hard starting, and for the first block or so the truck just will not hardly pull itself off idle. So my question is does the pressure regulator have a check valve in it or is it at the tank?

thank you for any help or suggestions

Kevin

pretty confident the check valve is in the tank with the pump assy, cause you have to depressure at the bleed to change the F.F. which is before the reg. it is weird though that your truck doesn`t come of idle for the first little bit, have you driven with your pressure tester on it to see what the pressure is when it acts up? the two problems kinda seem un-related.

i`ve had many problems with the injectors leaking down, hard starting warm, and when it did start it smoked abit because it was so rich, but it cleared as soon as it started up. i would clean your throttle body, and the mass airflow sensor with an aerosol cleaner and alow to air dry, don`t use compressed air on sensor, it also could be a problem with the throttle position sensor, i`m not sure of the specs but a shop can check its readings with a good scanner and see if its reading right range, check for leaks too, rare but could be reason for probs,

Archived