Gear Change

adamp

Im kind of new to all of this how do i change a 3.23 gearing on a v6

My name is Adam yea sorry i just joined. I enjoy reading up on all of this you guys are great. I have a regular cab 08 GMC 2wd v6 w/t that i want to fix up. I plan on putting a 3in body kit and 32 in tires, that is were the gear ratio comes in. I was told that the 3.23 will not hold up to the 32s. I do alot of highway driving but no offroading so that will not be an issue, i just want my truck to look mean. If your asking why i got a v6 2wd is becuase i take what i can get im a young college student you know how that goes. I would love to hear some input. Thanks, Adam

You might try introducing yourself. That usually helps.

Along with that, how about a little info on your truck too?

Is it a 2 or 4 wheel drive? What is your goal with the gear change? What size tires are you running now and do you plan to change that? Etc.

My name is Adam yea sorry i just joined. I enjoy reading up on all of this you guys are great. I have a regular cab 08 GMC 2wd v6 w/t that i want to fix up. I plan on putting a 3in body kit and 32 in tires, that is were the gear ratio comes in. I was told that the 3.23 will not hold up to the 32s. I do alot of highway driving but no offroading so that will not be an issue, i just want my truck to look mean. If your asking why i got a v6 2wd is becuase i take what i can get im a young college student you know how that goes. I would love to hear some input. Thanks, Adam

• 1 month later...

Archived