Programmer Reviews

Does anyone have any experience using a programmer for the 6.0L engine with the 6L90 tranny? If so, what MPG gains and/or power gains have you experienced if any? Not looking for a burn, just cold hard data on programmers. Thanks.

Does anyone have any experience using a programmer for the 6.0L engine with the 6L90 tranny? If so, what MPG gains and/or power gains have you experienced if any? Not looking for a burn, just cold hard data on programmers. Thanks.

Happy Independence Day!

I just purchased a Hypertech Max Econ for my '04 Suburban 2500 with 6.0 Vortex (I purchased the vehicle 1 month ago with 52K miles on it). I have used Hypertech products in the past with excellent results an purchased this one because the programer is billed as a simple programer to assist in MPG and add some power. I have only run 2 tanks of gas through it and have the following impressions:

1) When cold, the motor makes a squeaking/whistling noise similar to a worn idler arm bearing. After a few minutes, the noise goes away but it is disturbing. As an aside, has anyone that reads this post ever had this problem after reprogramming?

2) The idle RPM goes down by a few hundred rpm to about 500.

3) Transmission shifts are a little firmer

4) mid range power seems to be better - I have noticed better acceleration

5) MPG have gone up by about 1.5 - 2 MPG.

It is too soon to tell as I have only filled up 2x since re-programming the motor. I should have better information in a few weeks. I use the 'burb as a commuter when traveling to my office. I mostly work from home however, as a recruiter for a relocation company, I am in the midst of my hiring season and have been putting a ton of miles on my suburban. I live 99 miles from my office so the next few weeks will be telling.

W/ my year the Hypertech made a significant difference in performance/throttle response...it really seemed to wake the truck up. It also fixed a lazt shift from 1-2 that used to crop up.

I can't tell you if there where any fuel gains because I have never been one to pay that much attention to it...if i cared about MPG I wouldn't have bought a truck! :dunno: You'll have to take others word here on if they got any increased MPGs.

I have been happy with the results.

Archived