Getting started on my system.

Just a suggestion, you might want to get a 10w3d2.  

I was going to get a 10w0, but for 50 bucks more, you get so much more speaker for your cash(they wanted 100 from one place I went to for the 10w0).  Just put the 2 side by side without even listening to them and you'll see what I mean.  Plus the w3d2 is a dual voice coil.

Also, the 10w3 is rated to 250 continuous watts where the 10w0 is only rated to 125.

Just a suggestion. :D

I have my sub run off of 2 channels from my 50x4 kenwood amp(the front channels go to the front door speakers) and it provides more than enough bass.  The kind of bass that really hits the back of your head when cranked, know what I mean?

;)   And I'm not even getting maximum use from the woofer.  I guesstimate that I'm getting about 125 or so watts to it.

just so you know  that punch 200 is gonna put out a HUGE amount of power just for one sub,  I have one that I ran 2 15" kicker comps off of and it would pound them to death.

If you are intent on just running one   make sure you turn that amp all the way down and don't bridge it.

well i planned on getting two but my buddy is probably going to move to Tenn.  And I dont want to have my whole floor under my back seat taken up by a box.  The box I was planning on making would hold to and have the area were the trans. hump as a tool box area. So ill go with just one  for now and see if I like it or not.  If I dont Bridge it than I will only be putting 50 watts to the sub, and it can handle 125.  Ill have to try both ways. Thanks.

Archived