help with audio system

I have a Alpine V12 5ch (MRV-F357) and i have some infinity kappas (components in front and plates in rear) in my 2000 GMC Sierra Ext cab.

This setup sounds great and is as clear as i could ever want it. I would like to add a sub on the 5th ch. This channel will put out at least 210W rms at 14.4V so it has a decent amount of power.

I am just looking to add some bass to balance out my system. I don't need it to rattle the cab or anything, just clean bass, not too boomy. Let me know what subs i should consider.

a good 10" sub would get you nice tight clean bass. like the IDQ 10 would be great, its doesnt require huge air space, very musical.

a lot of it also depends on your box design.

best bet is to go demo some subs, find what you like and see if you can get them to work in your application.

Try JLaudio.com, they have a subbox that will fit under the rear backseat and doesn't interfere with folding the seat up, uses a 12" sub.  They also have a 10" sub kit that will fit the center console.  I was just surfing and found these, don't have any experience with them.  Anyone out there installed any of these?  Let us know what you finally come up with.

• 2 weeks later...

mtx thunderform , 2 10" subs in a custom factory box to match color of the interior and sounds really good that along with my polk audio speakers in all four corners, i think its a perfectly balanced system

Archived