planning on changing all 4 door speakers out, installing alpine's and drive them with a 100w amp. i going to install a 10" sub, powered by a 100w amp. i don't plan on changing head unit. how will this setup sound? having trouble building sub box that will work under backseat...any info will be appreciated

which alpine speakers? what kind of amps? 100watts peak? rms?  thought about using a multichannel amp, like 5 channels or so? what kind of 10" sub? what are your goals for the system, sound quality or SPL? kind of need a little more detail on the stuff. if everything is done right it'll be better then stock. i cant say leaving the stock head unit is a good idea if your changing everything else. thats almost always the first thing i change. but if cost is the biggest problem for that, just wait till you can afford it and it'll sound even better. and you will love your truck just that much more.

Copper, I am in the middle of a similar upgrade with my HD.  

I have replaced all 4 door speakers (Alpine front, Fosgate rear).

I have a Fosgate punch amp to run the sub.

The sub box dimensions are

Measurements are:

H = 7.5" (front) & 6.5" (rear)

W = 13.5

D = 15"

It holds a 10" and has .5cu ft

Here is a pic

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc.....view=t

I am changing the HU but the 2002 Alpines are not in yet so I am patiently waiting.

You HAVE to change out the HU!!!!  It will sound worse with aftermarket speakers!  I was told this by my local shop and they were right!  Your wasting your money if you don't

Offroadr -  Where are you mounting the amp?  I'm contemplating adding a sub to my ext. cab.  I already have a fairly large Alpine amp, but haven't decided on location that's out of the way.  I fold the rear seat up a lot during the winter so that I can hold my ice fishing equip without getting the seats wet and full of snow, so I'd like to be able to put it someplace that's out of the way and will have good circulation.

Firetiger, I am mounted mine behind the sub box it is completely out of the way.  But understand that I have have a crew cab and the way the seats fold are completely different than an ext cab.  (Actually I think the ext cab seats have a better design that give you more room.

on the rear wall behind the rear bench works fine, i can still fold up the bench seat in my K2500. it rubs, but still can be done.  as long as you arent pushing the amp like there is no tomorrow your amp should be fine. if you get worried. add some fans. (good amps shouldnt even break a sweat when not trying to reach crazy spl)

Archived