Yank & Transgo

I'm trying to research the right Yank and Transgo options, I hope someone here has some experience with them...

1) Yank - I'm thinking the Truck Thruster 3000 is the one I want, maybe the 2600.  Is anyone aware of negatives of raising the stall on a torque converter?  Is there any reason I wouldn't want the 3000 over the 2600?  It is represented as having the same towing capacity and delivers more performance.

2) Transgo - I understand there are different levels of performance you can select during install of the kit.  I want to find that balance of performance vs. comfort (leaning toward the performance), any suggestions on the level to select?

Also, the Transgo rep said that it can / will cause feedback to the computer and he recommended reprogramming by Turbo Shop, anybody aware of this problem?  This might scare me away from the Transgo...?  Is anyone aware of a competitive product to the Transgo kit?

I'm currently using HPIII and am very happy with the performance and also because of the degree of control I maintain, I plan on bumping up tire size and possibly diffs...

Thx,

MB-)

'02 Avalanche

FIPK2

HPIII

Gibson Catback

Flex-a-lite on order

160 Therm on order

I have the Transgo [performance] and love it, shifts like a truck should, no swishing between gears.

I wouldn't go above the Yank 2600HD if you plan to tow.

Don't know whether you have a 1500 or 2500, could give you better info based on that. :thumbs:

A higher stall converter will cause the trans to run at a higher temperature than normal which could possibly lead to failure down the road (especially if running a higher line pressure) if not taken into consideration.

If you are referring to "The Turbo Shop" that is run by Steve Cole, he does an awesome job.  I have his PCM programming on my Camaro.  Problem is, is he's a little slow in getting things to you.

Archived