Different Stock Wheels/combs And Fuel Econ.

I am sure this is a silly question, but I was wondering if there is a difference in mileage between different wheel tire combos.

I am wondering more between the 20 inch stock upgrade vs the 18inch z71.

I am not sure if the heights are different between the two sets, so that's why I am asking.

I am sure this is a silly question, but I was wondering if there is a difference in mileage between different wheel tire combos.

I am not sure if the heights are different between the two sets, so that's why I am asking.

Sure there is...Changing the overall diameter of the tire can effectively change your final drive ratio. Width of your tire can affect your mileage via rolling resistance. Every little change you make to your truck will affect the mileage in some form or fashion...get the wheels you want, and dont worry about it.

Jack

There shouldn't be any height differences (the stock upgrade is the same height as the 18" set). My stock 20" are a lot wider (I'd imagine the mileage drops a bit since they need to compress more air on rotation).

But I'm with Babyduece, pick what you want and roll with it. The 20" combos look a lot nicer. The wider stance looks a lot more aggressive and fills the wheel wells.

A nice wheel/tire combo can make a really POS vehicle look sweet. :)

Archived