Advise....oem 20" Wheels And Tires Towing Help

Have a '09 1500 4X4 crew with 5.3, 6 speed, 3.42 gears with stock 20's and the Goodyear Eagle LS-2's. Max towing 9,500 lbs as you guys know. Going to purchase a travel trailer very soon that is 6,100 lbs dry.

I've read that I should have Load D or E tires, like the Coopers for example. Question - Can the stock Goodyear's handle this weight, or do I need to purchase all new tires? I have 21K miles on them at this point, and would rather not replace them right now unless I absolutely have to.

Goodyear's website shows they are SL rating, max load of 2,403 lbs, and max inflation of 44 psi...............Thoughts, advise??? I appreciate all the help!!!

Have a '09 1500 4X4 crew with 5.3, 6 speed, 3.42 gears with stock 20's and the Goodyear Eagle LS-2's. Max towing 9,500 lbs as you guys know. Going to purchase a travel trailer very soon that is 6,100 lbs dry.

I've read that I should have Load D or E tires, like the Coopers for example. Question - Can the stock Goodyear's handle this weight, or do I need to purchase all new tires? I have 21K miles on them at this point, and would rather not replace them right now unless I absolutely have to.

Goodyear's website shows they are SL rating, max load of 2,403 lbs, and max inflation of 44 psi...............Thoughts, advise??? I appreciate all the help!!!

Check the sidewall rating and max psi. Personally, I prefer 17's (maybe 18's) for towing. Under normal conditions, it doesn't matter... it's the potholes that worry me with that much weight. I think Steven used to tow w/ 20's, but used LT tires (?). Recent thread: Towing with 20's

The LS2s will be fine. I have been towing a 7500 GVWR travel trailer with them for awhile now and they are wearing nicely with 13k on them. That said I will be replacing them with a XL rated tire when they wear out. I have yet to find a manufacturer that makes a LT tire in 275/50/20. The closest is 275/65/20 and that is 2 inches taller. I considered switching to 17s but liek the 20s too much.

They make LT rated tires in a 285/55/20.

Yes they do, those will be the size I go with next. However, they will rub in the front wells without a level kit or lift.

Archived