Do I need to crank the torsion bars?

Hey guys, I'm sure there are a million different topics to cover this one but I can't find anything under the search. Anyways my Dad finally bought a new truck, it's a 2009 GMC Sierra Crew cab 2500HD I have ordered him some 285 75 16 Michelin tires to help fill that monster of a wheel well and what I am wondering is if we can leave it factory or do I need to crank up the torsion bars to help clear the tires?

I know I would crank the torsion bars just for the look but he really dosent care and just wants it to ride nice (as nice as a 2500HD can get anyways) .. let me know what your EXPERIENCES are .. not your guesses please. Thanks very much.

i can tell you that if you mess with the "Z" height adjustment ,you need to have it aligned after ,

base alignments from the factory are not the best as told to me by my previous front end co workers ,

so that is something to chew on

costs an hour labour for an alignment ,,not bad ,$100 average

Thanks for the replies .. I know it would need an alignment and I planned on doing one anyway after changing all four tires .. I just was hoping to not have to change the stock settings, does anyone know if you need to set them at different heights to adjust for the slope on the road? Or just bring them up a little equally?

Archived