Auto HVAC Display With Outside Temperature? (2008 Silverado)

Hello All,

I have a question for one of my customers. They have a 2008 Silverado LTZ with the Automatic Climate Control. It's the first one I've ever seen that had the ambient temperature displayed on the HVAC control display as well as the rear view mirror. Both places!

After a computer reprogram for something unrelated, the HVAC unit went to the usual display without a temperature displayed, but retained the mirror readout as per normal.

My customer would like the temp back on the HVAC display, but I can't find a way to get it on there.

Anyone know how to do it?

Thank you!

My '08 Silverado has the LTZ trim and the automatic climate control system and I have never seen outside air temp displayed on the controls. The owner's manual doesn't mention anything about outside air temp being displayed there, only on the rearview mirror. Could the display have been in some sort of diagnostic mode?

Hello All, I have a question for one of my customers. They have a 2008 Silverado LTZ with the Automatic Climate Control. It's the first one I've ever seen that had the ambient temperature displayed on the HVAC control display as well as the rear view mirror. Both places! After a computer reprogram for something unrelated, the HVAC unit went to the usual display without a temperature displayed, but retained the mirror readout as per normal. My customer would like the temp back on the HVAC display, but I can't find a way to get it on there. Anyone know how to do it? Thank you!

I'm not exactly sure how to do it, but a Tech did it for my wife's 2009 Enclave with basically the same climate control unit. It's a setting they can get into when they program the HVAC unit (not by pushing buttons on the unit -- they have to use a laptop or diagnostic tool). Sorry I don't know more, I just know I asked for it and he made it happen!

Archived