Adding Cab Roof Lights on 2012 Silverado

Bought a 2012 Silverado 1500 WT A Few weeks ago. This is my 6th GM truck, I restored a 1974 Sierra 1/2 ton some years back, briefly had a cheyene during the process, had a 2500 HD, then a Colorado, then an 08 WT and now this. I put Bed rail protectors on it, tailgte liner, Westin Step Bars, DIC, Floor Mats, locking tailgate Handle that has not been installed yet. I'd like to put Cab roof lights on this, I was going to do it myself, HOWEVER, The A Pillars ahve the word AIRBAG at the top. The dealer said they will not install the cab roof lights and say that should not be added after the fact as I will have all kinds of problems with leaking etc. Needless to say, he might as well have said that he talked me into getting the lights and putting them in. Has anyone ever dones this? As for the Airbags, That is a concern. I have no idea how they are removed. I have one more place to call that installs accessories and has been doing it for years for all kinds of dealships, they are good too. There is a switch on the head liner. I was told that switch is only for a flashing beacon and nothing else(I dont buy it) Anyway, This is something I could use some advice on. Thanks for any help, Patrick

Archived