High(er) Miles

Woohoo! I'm hoping i can keep her going for a few more years and pick up a new Yukon XL or Suburban when the new body style rolls out. Is there any higher mileage maintenance recommended, or problems to watch for?

Since owning new, I swapped the plugs and wires(Delco), flushed the brakes, radiator coolant, rear diff and tranny - all done at about 85K miles. Only other items were the fuel pump at 130K and the autoride shocks and compressor. post-41214-0-00386600-1355520328_thumb.jpg

post-41214-0-00386600-1355520328_thumb.jpg

211,000 miles on mine on the original trans/motor/ rear end. Had to replace some basic stuff like brakes,a hub, water pump, fuel pump, and the radiator needs to be replaced.

Just keep on your basic maintaince and catch any problems before they become to big and your truck will last you for many more miles

Went approximately 130k on the old motor. Only thing I needed to do to it was knock sensors. I'm still on the original tranny and rear end parts, as well as all the original front end components minus shocks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

306k miles with scheduled maintaince only. Trans went last summer, motor is still good though. Treat it right and it will return the favor.

Sent from my SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

306k miles with scheduled maintaince only. Trans went last summer, motor is still good though. Treat it right and it will return the favor.

Went approximately 130k on the old motor. Only thing I needed to do to it was knock sensors. I'm still on the original tranny and rear end parts, as well as all the original front end components minus shocks.

How long did u go on bad knock sensors? Mine have been out since early 2009, I'm just scared to tear into there and change them

Its an easy change. You pull the intake manifold and they're right there.

I had them for probably 8 months.

New O2 sensors helped mileage on my '02, but not much on my '05. Both done around 195,000. New knock sensors probably helped 02 as much as anything. Seemed peppier. I guess it was not retarding the timing so much.

You are on track with flushes and fluid changes. Run some Techron or fuel treatment thru regularly. Wipe the door gaskets down with silicone spray to prevent squeaks, also lightly spray it around plastic joints and areas where dash panels and trim meet to lessen squeaks. New windshield on 02 last year and replacing it in 05 very soon. Only $165 installed PPG. Makes it feel newer with clear view. Detail it or have someone detail it. Spend a little money to repair the little things or add small accessories to make it better for you. Sure makes it easier for me to keep a high mileage truck knowing I can drive it anywhere since it is maintained and everything works. Save up for new belts, idlers and tensioners if they are old. Change power steering fluid. Use GM. fluid. Mine died when I put Amsoil in it. Rebuilders won't warranty GM pumps with Amsoil. I thought I was doing it a favor.

Good luck with your ride. It's kinda of a challenge now to keep it good as new.

Babyhauler

Archived