MPG Questions

What kind of MPG's you guys getting with a 6 inch lift and 35s with the 5.3l 4x4 1500? Is it more of highway or city driving? Any tuners or CAIs or regears? Any input welcome, thanks guys.

i've got roughly 4 inches on 33's with a stock 3:42 rear end. driving around town i show an average of 13mpg. highway usually jumps a good bit because well i drive like an ****.... i plan to run 4:11's very very soon to get my power back and some increased fuel

With my 6" bds, 35's and a airaid MIT i get about 12 around town and 14 on the highway.... of course my driving style is not exactly the "best" for fuel economy.

Truck looks good man, 12 is still pretty good for around town, you got a programmer or tuned it?

I got a Denali with a 6in Suspension and 1.25 Body lift, running 35x12.50's with a CAI, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Blackbear tuned, and recently regeared to yukon 4.11's and I'm getting 16mpgs right now with the 6spd and 6.2L engine. I am shocked how big of a difference the regear made!

Mines an 05, but on 35s with 3.42 gears Im getting 14.5 on an average tank (10 - 20 mile trips on hilly terrain) and have gotten up to 16.5 on a couple of trips that were around 100 miles. Dont know about city mileage since I rarely go through town.

Ive got a BB tune, Magnaflow muffler and Airaid MIT tube and filter, and a Transgo shift kit in a rebuilt transmission. I normally run the 87 octane tune, but recently have been running the 91 tune. There was no difference in mileage, but the drivability aspect was night and day. much peppier with 91, even under normal acceleration.

I got a Denali with a 6in Suspension and 1.25 Body lift, running 35x12.50's with a CAI, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Blackbear tuned, and recently regeared to yukon 4.11's and I'm getting 16mpgs right now with the 6spd and 6.2L engine. I am shocked how big of a difference the regear made!

What did the regear cost you?

Archived