new intake

will a cold air intake void my warranty? i have a newer GM and didn't want issues with the warranty.are they legal in most states? someone said they need to be CARB compliant?

Will not void warranty. They are legal. The only people who need carb compliant is california

Sent from my Samsung GS4 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Most of the top cold air kits come with a CARB exemption sticker. My volant has one, my K&N did. What is your truck year/make/model/engine and I will find you one that is exempt and will be legal

K&N, Volant, Airaid would be my personal picks in no special order, all are CARB exempt and come with the sticker. I personally run the Volant

Yes, if they are using CARB regs, you need the sticker. It is what they look for when doing the visual test. Here is what mine looks like. All the big companies paid to be accepted by California and the right to give you that sticker. Doesn't matter the car. If you are curious if a particular intake is exempt or not call them and ask. To double check ask them for the Executive Order number and run it through here

http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/devices/amquery.php

Here is my sticker for the intake

20130711_142146_zps6dacebed.jpg

20130711_142152_zpsada93fdc.jpg

Archived