GM 2 way remote start issues

So I've got the GM 2 way Remote Start. The range has not been impressive and the clock is always off due to my aftermarket stereo but it has worked....

yesterday I tried remote starting it and it locked but did not start. I also noticed the clock cleared back to 12:00 am but the unit still locks and unlocks the doors,

Posting this for reference, As there isn't much on these starters out there. Appointment Tuesday so hopefully they'll get it working and I'll report back what it was. I've only had it a month so I hope they go good on it otherwise I'm tearing it out and going back to the Aftermarket.

I had the remote start option when I ordered my 07. I was never happy with the short range it had, and you never knew if it started or not unless

you had a window you could look out of.

Had a Clifford one mile remote put in several years ago and it's been flawless. The longest I've started it has been 1/2 mile, I like being able to

look at my remote and know the truck is running. If you can't get the factory one worked out I'd highly recommend the Clifford.

I had a Clifford LCD remote on my 11.... Loved it, I was going to have it swapped onto this truck for like $100 but the dealer talked me into leaving it and going with this one. (he "threw it in" even) Not too happy about that.

I had the remote start option when I ordered my 07. I was never happy with the short range it had, and you never knew if it started or not unless

you had a window you could look out of.

Had a Clifford one mile remote put in several years ago and it's been flawless. The longest I've started it has been 1/2 mile, I like being able to

look at my remote and know the truck is running. If you can't get the factory one worked out I'd highly recommend the Clifford.

I had a Clifford LCD remote on my 11.... Loved it, I was going to have it swapped onto this truck for like $100 but the dealer talked me into leaving it and going with this one. (he "threw it in" even) Not too happy about that.

I'd pay the 100 in a heartbeat and get my Clifford back, but it might be too late for that now. Maybe he's got the Clifford on his car now. LOL

I'd pay the 100 in a heartbeat and get my Clifford back, but it might be too late for that now. Maybe he's got the Clifford on his car now. LOL

That's what I thought at first but the truck sold to a co worker and they actually kept it in for him..... Parts ordered will update

Python 991, Clifford 570.4x, and Viper 5901 are all amazing. If/When I ever buy a new vehicle, one of these will be installed asap. Mine hasn't ever worked from a full mile, but it's better than the iPhone/Android setup.

Archived