Lift considerations, tire size ??

Looking to lift my 2015 Silverado LTZ 6.2L, I'm looking to run the 6" BDS lift, and run a 35" tire. However I don't know and no longer then this is possible. I have done some reading on here and it seems a body lift may be needed? Im unsure of the required backspacing to accommodate this size of a tire and have not settled on a rim! Any help or suggestions !?

Are you asking if a 35" tire will fit under a 6" BDS lift? I'm 99% sure the answer is yes.. There are numerous guys here running that set up. There are quite a few running a 4" lift with 35's

I want to avoid any trimming at all, would any be needed with a 4" or the 6"? Also how would I go about sizing my rims for proper backspacing looking to have the tires flush with my outer fender, or slightly sticking out if needed as I do plan to add flares in the future.

9273027551cc23bd6cc4d7614d2470ba.jpg4103c2b18cdfdfda621fc4ef64eaae84.jpg

If that is about what your looking for then a stock offset is what your after. Those are 35/12.5r20 on a 6" BDS lift with zero trimming, zero rubbing.

Sent by a simpleton struggling to operate an iPhone.

Looking to lift my 2015 Silverado LTZ 6.2L, I'm looking to run the 6" BDS lift, and run a 35" tire. However I don't know and no longer then this is possible. I have done some reading on here and it seems a body lift may be needed? Im unsure of the required backspacing to accommodate this size of a tire and have not settled on a rim! Any help or suggestions !?

You can definitely run 35's with a 6" BDS lift. I ran them on my stock 20" wheels for a good while. The recommended backspace for the lift is 5.75" so if u plan on staying within those specs u will be limited on wheel selection.

I did add a 1.5" body lift but that was only to fit 20x12" wheels, if u stay with 9 or 10" wide there is no need for a body lift.

Half the tread of the tire to be exact. They stick out more than what I like but I've gotten used to them over the last few days. I've recieved numerous compliments since install.c6344c4c37bf0b341ac1be2bf144e37e.jpgcaaea233980c880912192153e8146774.jpg

Half the tread of the tire to be exact. They stick out more than what I like but I've gotten used to them over the last few days. I've recieved numerous compliments since install.c6344c4c37bf0b341ac1be2bf144e37e.jpgcaaea233980c880912192153e8146774.jpg

That does look really really sharp! Only thing that would concern me is debris messing up the paint if you went playing off-road. But add me to the list of persons giving compliments on how it looks.

Did you put spacers in the rear to even out how much the wheels stick out?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I have a question about leveling and lifting. I was looking to also improve my ride with a new suspension so I figured I would do a suspension lift and was looking at the bds 4 inch. Considering that the truck stock racks 2.5 inches. Does the 4 inch just lift both the front and rear by am equal 4? Or does the back rise by 2.5 and the front by 4? I am looking to increase my stance but I don't want it to be that much? Or would just getting a suspension set like icon and leveling the front to back make more sense ( as the shocks can go from 1 to 3 inches increase)?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Archived