2015 Silverado HID Install questions/problems

So I have my HID's installed on my 2015 Silverado and I am having a few issues. Yes I read through the ENTIRE HID thread, searched and then searched some more and couldn't find the answer. I have done HID installs many times before but have never had to use cancelers or a relay kit. So the low beams are working intermittently which I know the relay harness kit will fix. I have no flickering and when the DRL's/low beams do come on they are fine. What I installed so far is the following:

H11 HID Kit:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004ZF4NAY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Error/Capacitor Kit:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HTOB0NG/ref=od_aui_detailpages01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My questions are the following:

1.) Once I install the relay kit, are the error cancelers still needed since this is a 55W kit?

2.) Is two error eliminators needed with the relay kit since the driver side is receiving signal from the passenger side?

2.) Does the high beams require a relay kit? They are working 100% right now with no issues.

3.) Kensun's customer service is pretty awesome. I called them this morning and they are sending me this relay/resistor harness (https://www.amazon.com/Kensun-Conversion-Universal-Anti-Flicker-Resistor/dp/B00FP0G5RC/ref=sr_1_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1471291938&sr=1-2&keywords=kensun+resistor#Ask) free of charge and said it will fix my issues. I have never seen relay harness kit like this before so I am not sure. They said with this kit, the error cancelers will not be needed.

I hate to be that guy to start a new thread but these are in my truck now and I am going to work on them in a few hours so I am hoping to get some definite answers. If not, it is going to be trial and error till I can get them fixed but if someone else has been in this situation and can provide answers, that would be awesome.

Well the relay harness fixed the driver side but the passenger side was still acting up. I tried every combo you can think of. With relay kit, without, capacitors, no capacitors, swapped ballasts, etc.

I got out the test light and everything has good power up until the output of the ballast. I connected it directly to the relay harness and the ballast barely lights up my the test light which leads me to believe the ballast is bad. I have a new harness coming in as well as a new HID kit to swap bulbs and ballast. I will keep this updated so hopefully others will be able to use it.

Another update, neither low beam is working currently. Good thing I ordered a whole complete kit to swap it out for. If I cannot get this resolved, may just go the morimoto route or back to stock. The high beams and fogs work flawlessly.

Well I finally caved.. (in a good way). I decided to put the good old saying "buy once, cry once" into affect and ordered a full FXR kit from fastheadlights with the morimoto HID kit (http://www.fastheadlights.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=fxr_chevy_retrofit-kit). I orginally had planned on doing the HID kit first and FXR later but figured just spend the coin and get it over with. I chose FastHeadlights because I really like the small business idea, they are active on the forums and they are the only company that offered a full plug and play kit with the projectors.

This morning was kind of a deal breaker for me since neither headlight was turning on so something isn't right. I really do not think it is the kits fault but more so on the truck side. The DRL's on these trucks play havoc with HID ballasts and I think killed them prematurely. PWN is brutal on the ballasts and I think Morimoto is the only company that really has it figured out. I checked with TRS and they even recommend going to fastheadlights as they are a certified wholesaler for their stuff. FWIW, the high beams and fogs work flawlessly with no relay kit or capacitor.

Archived