2015 Tahoe. A/C Condenser

Same issue. Under warrantee I am told. Been waiting since May 22, 2017 or a couple days earlier or two months, two car payment on my 2015 Suburban. I wrote Mary Barra and it was read by someone today, 7/25/17. I told them I was a repeat buyer, GTO, Nova, Astro, Safari, Silverado, another Silverado and the Suburban and I might not be back for the next vehicle if they can't get this problem solved and make me whole. I went to the dealership today in person and talked to the Service Manager. She checked with their Parts Manager and I am "Under Review". She said that means that I will get the part soon and they will "same day" replace it. I did call to the GM Support manager when this started up and have a case number with them. She told me to call back when the issue is resolve and they will see what they can do for me.

Update: The email I sent to Mary may have helped. The GM Executive Response Team contacted me and my dealer has a condenser for my Suburban. The dealer called today and said I should have my Suburban back today (August 2nd) other tomorrow. May 22nd to August 2nd... not good, but hopefully coming to a close on this crappy service for me.

I'm that original owner of 2015 Tahoe LT.

I had to replace 2 AC Condenser already

Never buying GM again.

My service guy even told me "when we see that model drive in we guess AC condensers ".

A/C stopped working. Dealer says Condenser went bad. This truck is 2 years old. Live in Michigan so maybe used air for 6 months. Not covered under warranty.

Anyone else have this problem?

I suggest everyone affected by this issue collect their receipts, invoices and any other record pertaining to the issue. I've engaged a Lemon Law attorney to attempt to reclaim losses from this unacceptable widespread issue.

Feel free to reach out to me if you'd like to join the effort. THERE IS NO COST, as attorneys for this type of effort work 'pro bono' (they take a percentage of any awarded funds from the defendant).

I spent about $1300 replacing this crappy GM unit, much of which was labor to identify the problem and get to it. Truck is less than three years old, but since we drive it all the time, it's over the mileage limit. GM told us to pound sand.

A/C gets run for a few months annually. Ridiculous.

• Like 2

I would like to be part of the class action suit. I have spent several hundred dollars on freon & now have replaced the condenser. Thankful for the AC but never expected this on a 2015 & feel like GM should recall.

I suggest everyone affected by this issue collect their receipts, invoices and any other record pertaining to the issue. I've engaged a Lemon Law attorney to attempt to reclaim losses from this unacceptable widespread issue.

Feel free to reach out to me if you'd like to join the effort. THERE IS NO COST, as attorneys for this type of effort work 'pro bono' (they take a percentage of any awarded funds from the defendant).

I spent about $1300 replacing this crappy GM unit, much of which was labor to identify the problem and get to it. Truck is less than three years old, but since we drive it all the time, it's over the mileage limit. GM told us to pound sand.

Yes. I would be interested. This is ridiculous!!

2015 Tahoe, 40,115 miles. AC just went out and searched the net for others with similar issue, as this is way too early for old technology to go bad. Havent yet had it looked at but dollars to lug nuts i know what the problem is. I'll be emailing the above contact and see what a multi-Chevy vehicle owner can get as far as support on my $60,000 investment repaired under warranty. Im assuming I will get about the same response as everyone else, at which time i will also be looking to get included on any and all legal action referenced in this thread. I understand engineering/ manufacturing defects. I can even understand short supply and excessive waits for parts on occasion. I cannot understand ailienating customers who shell out $60,000 dolars on their merchandise when there is very obviously something wrong with their product. I had to twist my wifes arm to get this car over the Accura she wanted. Hoping Chevy doesn't make me regret winning that battle.

So, I finally got my condenser replaced but only because someone who had been waiting 90 days (as opposed to my 60) got tired of waiting and pulled his vehicle. I got his part. Mine hadn't come in yet.

Fixed on Friday, didn't drive it on Saturday, drove 2 hours on Sunday and on Monday, broken AGAIN!!! So now my truck is back at the dealership for who knows how long!!!

My 2015 Tahoe also had a/c condenser go out!!!! I'm furious! I have had 3 Tahoes prior to this one and have never had a single problem with them. I had one for 140,000 miles and all I ever did was change the battery once. This Tahoe has been total junk. The a/c had a problem early on that they fixed under warranty, the backup sensors quit, the DVD/CD player won't work, the electrical system has issues bc the screen stays on from time to time even after car is turned off and locked, and light covers are falling off for no reason. I am just so sick that I am having these problems. I can't wait to get a new vehicle that is not by GM. It is a shame that they don't admit fault on their end and repair. That would have kept me as a customer. Very disappointed.

Here's an update on my original July 5th post.

Following the suggestion of BretAZ48, I blindly e-mailed Mary Barra as well. About a week later, I received a phone call from the GM Executive Response Team. Long story short, the only assistance that office offered was to contact a regional GM representative to "help find a replacement part, or find the status of a part of no replacements are currently available." Not surprising, a completely unsatisfactory response from GM - again. They also confirmed there is no current TSB or formal recall for this defective part, although the GM rep. did acknowledge the overall problem.

I would suggest everybody on this thread should e-mail Mary Barra to complain as well. See BretAZ48's email for her above.

So, here's the middle ground I arrived at: At my local GM/Chevy dealer's suggestion, I ordered an after-market condenser. My local dealer said the after-market supplier's parts are high quality and would not hurt any other A/C components on the car. The catch: the after-market supplier apparently got smart and knew about GM/Chevy's problem. An original GM factory condenser part retails for about $300. The after-market supplier jacked the replacement part up to $650. At 38,000, my 2015 Tahoe was just out of warranty. Fortunately, I purchased a third-party, extended, bumper-to-bumper warranty 10 year/100,000 warranty with the car. Unfortunately, the extended warranty would only cover the cost of original GM parts -- $300. The extended warranty did cover all labor costs though. So, after 3-4 days from ordering the new after-market part, I have fully-functioning A/C and am out of pocket about $350.

I called the Executive Response Team back and asked that GM cover my out of pockets costs of $350. GM promptly informed me they have a strict company policy against reimbursing for non-GM parts. So, in the end, they gave me nothing.

The moral to the story: if you're willing to shell out cash for an after-market condenser, you'll have A/C within about 4-5 days. Just don't expect GM to reimburse you.

Edited by Kansasgirl1971

• 3 weeks later...

A/C stopped working. Dealer says Condenser went bad. This truck is 2 years old. Live in Michigan so maybe used air for 6 months. Not covered under warranty.

Anyone else have this problem?

the a.c. compressor in my 2015 suburban locked up and had to be replaced 2 months ago.. the dealer tried to get me to replace all the belts at $150 a piece, I told them to replace on only the a.c. belt at $75. I know it was overpriced but that belt needed to be replaced by the dealer, the other 2 I can do. I found the other 2 at the parts store for $14 a piece.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Same issue with us.

Seems like we all need to join together and contact a reputable, national lemon law attorney and seek class action status.

Anyone interested in joining? These cases are taken 'pro-bono' so no money leaves the plaintiffs pockets.

I'm with you, I had a escalade with numerous problems so I got rid of it thinking that a suburban with a new engine and r&d would be better. I made a mistake, I will never but another GM product..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I also have had major problems with our 2015 Suburban LTZ. When we first got it the rear lift gate would jam up opening and closing on my wife at the grocery store, home, etc. Brought it in the GM dealer. They said it is a known issue and ordered replacement cylinder GM released to fix the problem. It didn't fix problem. Brought it in 2 more times. Fast forward 2 years and it's still an issue.

Anyhow, the biggest issue we've had is AC related. In early May AC stopped working. Brought it to GM dealer. They smiled and said they have a "ton" of the same vehicles waiting outside for replacement condensers. Said it is a known nationwide problem. Told me it'd be 10-14 days for condenser. I waited over 3 MONTHS! Hard to believe but it is true. After 1+ month GM dealer told me there are over 20,000 Suburbans nationwide out of service waiting on condensers. I called GM Corporate. What a joke. You get routed to some Call center in India. Zero help. Literally gave me a "ticket #" and asked if there was anything else they could help me with.

I brought the vehicle home a week ago. After a few days my wife went out to start it one morning and it just clicked when she hit the button. Lights flashing on dash, running boards raising/lowering. Charged battery overnight. Started in the morning. Then same thing again. Now sitting in garage waiting for dealer to tow away.

My advice for all on this forum is to take 10 minutes and send emails to the major news outlets in Detroit. The Detroit News, The Detroit Free Press, Crains Detroit, Automotive News, WJR 760 AM. They all have email addresses on their websites and your emails WILL get their attention. Take 10 minutes, copy/paste, send. Share this link, and others.