2015 Tahoe. A/C Condenser

• 2 weeks later...

FYI, I just had my condenser replaced in my 2017 Yukon Denali. They are still out of stock. After waiting 2 weeks they replaced the condenser with an aftermarket unit that is NOT a GM part. I had to sign a form acknowledging the non-GM part. Good luck fellas.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Haws2,

I’m sorry to hear about your A/C condenser concern and understand how frustrating this can be. Feel free to send us a private message if you have any additional questions or concerns. We’re happy to assist a valued customer.

Regards,

Anthony

GM Customer Care

What is GM doing to resolve the condenser issues? There are so many going bad, the supply is difficult to find.

I would like to see compensation for the $1,300 I paid today. I am a supplier to GM, so I understand the quality that GM demands of their suppliers. This is not and isolated issue.

I have a sales contract for a new 2017 K2500HD 4WD Crew Cab Diesel, that I will not execute until GM or my dealer resolves this issue.

Also, at 39,000 miles both of my front (BWI) struts failed, that was another $2,000. I am not happy.

Dennis

Beyond frustrating that GM will not stand behind these vehicles and do the right thing. Nothing like coming out of the winter to turn on your AC and find out it doesn't work and now you are 1,100 miles over your GM Certified warranty. Then a month later I find out that all the noise up front and bounce in the vehicle is because the front struts are leaking and have failed, another $2500 to fix. I called GM back in July to report these issues and have waited over 2 months to get a response. They originally promised 48 hours to get back to me. I left messages regularly without any response from GM. They finally called back today to say they won't do anything. All of these issues came about before the 12 month warranty expired, but they are hiding behind the fact that it was just over the mileage. I had 2004 Tahoe before this that was the best car I ever owned. I expected more of the same and didn't even consider another car before purchasing another Tahoe. Sadly that won't be the case anymore.

The way GM customer service has treated me and lack of communication, I can assure you that this will be the last GM I ever own and I will let anyone that will listen know the same thing.

Steve

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have a '15 GMC Yukon Denali and after hearing of other friend's nightmares with their a/c condenser going out last May, mine went out in October. In fact, it was Oct 30, 2017 that my condenser was replaced, recharged, etc. and here we are 30 days later and it's blowing hot (-ish it is November, after all) air. Dealership now says some hose to the condenser is leaking and needs to be replaced and a bracket added to prevent future leaks, $400?? Really? Shouldn't that have been taken care of when the condenser was replaced 30 days ago? They wanted $900

for condenser as I was out of warranty but my friends mentioned they were able to get it done for $200 (dealership requested approval). 

30 days prior to the a/c problems my front electronic shocks went out-$1900. 

I loved my previous Denali and I'm heartbroken because this was the best size auto to hold my family of 5 for road trips but it appears this will be my last GMC. This car cost way too much to be dealing w/these issues at 3yrs, 56k miles. 

Edited by Katy Berry Plaisance

My 2015 Tahoe LS 2WD AC stopped blowing cold air.  Took to dealer and they said discharge hose was bad. Charged me $750 to replace hose and add freon.  Tahoe is less than 3 yrs old and only 44K miles.  What a POS.  Seems like GM is not standing behind their crappy product.

Took my 15 silverado in for Condenser leak repair at 44k miles 1057.99 a rip off 257.99 in parts 800.00 in labor for a issue than GM should recall this is absolutely unethical of a company to allow there customers to endure these unnecessary costs for there manufacturing screw up on made in Taiwan parts that as a so called US Based company should be ashamed of i have purchased 7 GM vehicles , but not one more after there carelessness for there customers .The worse part is they couldnt even tell me if the new condenser would last any better than the original so i will get screwed at another 30-50k miles.

• 3 weeks later...

GM please take action on this. I am also experiences this same issue. My suburban is a 2015 and my compressor went out. How many more customers have to write on here, on blogs online, and other websites before you acknowledge that this is a REAL issue. These trucks are not cheap! 60k trucks and two years later we are having to deal with this. What will it take? maybe a class action suite? maybe involving the media? maybe social media? why mess up your reputation?

• 1 month later...

My Air has been out since last September of my 2015 Suburban. I called GMC and was told this was the first they’d heard of it being a problem. Then I found this thread. I paid Cash for this vehicle and sure didn’t expect to be shelling out another couple of grand so soon for the air going out. I’ve been a GMC customer for my whole life. That may change after this.