Traded the 2017 Duramax in

Appreciate the update. Life's too short to be unhappy with your vehicle. GM has no loyalty to you, so you don't have any loyalty to them.

Would it be poor form to ask for pictures? :D:

+1

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely will get flexibility from the Ford. Mostly in the body and frame. All joking aside, I hope the Ford solves the issues, especially the hood light thing. I have the same story whereby my 2014 Sierra 1/2 ton ran into serious tranny problems. 14 days in the shop replacing the torque converter and the gears it chewed up when it came apart. All under extended warranty. My trucks and I have relationships. Once the tranny thing happened I didn't trust her anymore. I put quite a few miles on and have a travel trailer so I moved to the 2500 Duramax. I didn't go for the High Country / Denali because I like chrome, metal bumpers. Anyway, so far so good. This one has been an awesome buy and I love it. I almost forgot how awesome diesels were (my last was a 1998 GMC Sierra) and it gets the same gas mileage as my wife's minivan. 10.2 litres per 100 kms? Are you kidding me? Anyway, I'm not sure. I did do my research and there is no doubt that as diesels go it was almost impossible to find anyone who would say the Duramax Allison power plant has an equal amongst its competitors for 2017. Anyway, I am in a GM forum so I am singing to the choir but the new truck is awesome. Horsepower = Duramax, 0 to 100 kph = Duramax. (Beat out the 16 Duramax btw. lol) Cabin noise = Duramax. Quiet as an e-class Mercedes. 1/4 mile = Duramax. Made out of steel = Duramax. My buddy bought a bedslide for his Ford and had to buy an extra kit to keep the bolts from ripping through the box of the truck. Really? Not sure why anyone would take a Powerstroke over a GM anyway. Where was the dealer in all of these woes?

Well, o can't imagine ever buying a Ford, but I suppose it would be possible for GM to really piss me off at some point. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I have better luck than Op cause I don't want to be a Ford guy.

Archived