Dome light wire ?

Purchased the opt7 aura led kit and I found a constant hot source for the lights but the kit comes with an Secondary power source I can hook up the dome light to but I can't figure out the wire, I've looked around and seen the grey wire was it but I tapped into it and it didn't work. Just a small project I'm doing ! Hope I can get some help.

Appreciate it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Here's a pic of the BCM. The far left grey connector. The bottom right corner grey wire is the dome lamp circuit. It's Pin # 1.

Hope this helps.

72b7b10e2a6f07c17fbbfa6d07c476ed.jpg

0e03f6494d563b2db27da91b037ed94b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Many of us tapped this location as well. Are you sure you are grounded well?

Is there a ground wire I can tap into that you know of ? I'm wondering because right now I have the main power source grounded to a bolt and then I spliced the secondary ground into that main ground, shouldn't that work ? The lights come on from the main power source but when hooked up to dome light they don't?

Purchased the opt7 aura led kit and I found a constant hot source for the lights but the kit comes with an Secondary power source I can hook up the dome light to but I can't figure out the wire, I've looked around and seen the grey wire was it but I tapped into it and it didn't work. Just a small project I'm doing ! Hope I can get some help.

Appreciate it

What year of truck? I installed the same kit but my wires were different.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Appreciate it

This is how I did it. My Opt7 box is tucked in with the fuse box on the drivers side. I can take pics if you want.

e106af74e4c4297dff88fa744b59431e.jpg

• Like 1

This is how I did it. My Opt7 box is tucked in with the fuse box on the drivers side. I can take pics if you want.

This is the same dome lamp circuit that's in the BCM in the photo I showed. That X61A box can be a pain to get to for some. There are several places to tap this circuit.

Yes please

Yes please show me.

This is the same dome lamp circuit that's in the BCM in the photo I showed. That X61A box can be a pain to get to for some. There are several places to tap this circuit.

Can you take more pictures?

• Like 1

If you want to tap the circuit in the X61A Box...

This is the X61A Box, remove the black cover.

47e2348313dda25fd7a687583e319c69.jpg

4e37a226cc7a8130bf3ffca4178d0d1b.jpg

This is the dome circuit. There will only be one wire there. I cut, stripped, and recrimped a 2nd wire. I am using this for my footwell lighting.

67b2deb0f7b504955dac77f98947ca52.jpg

This is your 12v source, then ground to the newest bolt or to the black wire in the lower left corner.

• Like 2

Ok so my power cord to is is ran from the engine area on the drivers side. The negative is grounded to the firewall as seen in the picture with the relay. The power is in the fuse box in there as well. It's the orange wire with a fuse connected to the positive wire. In the last picture you can see it fits with the fuse box on the drivers side. The negative is grounded there in picture 3. The positive is wired to the dome light in the picture I posted earlier. It was a pain but I got it and it works great! I have to led strips in my grill but I plan on adding the other two later. I hope this helps!7c49d9a45267e78aa9135eb8319faf2d.jpga07af7ebc6448b5180c933260e310a93.jpg9d6f9287f60eeca867be5bb2c4c48ecf.jpg5753ced54ecc0f6afee505126544764b.jpgeddc1dd1e29d21e081898de795f2142b.jpg