2016 Denali HD leveling kit wheels and tires

Hey guys. New user here with a question that has probably been covered but haven't been able to locate specifically.

I just bought a 2016 Sierra Denali HD and I'm looking to level it, probably with torsion keys, and do wheels and tires. My preferred wheels are Method 305 NV HD 18"x9" 18mm offset 5.75" backspace and I'd like to go with 35x12.50 toyo A/T's or R/T's. 

Anyone have any experience with a similar set up? If so what do you think? Obviously trying to avoid rubbing but not opposed to minor modifications to make it work. Thanks in advance for any info.

Welcome to the Forum...

For your leveling kit, check out Central Coast Motorsports in San Luis Obispo, Ca (ccmoffroad.com). There not too far south of you. They are a small shop and build manufacture there own products, which keeps the price down. I've had their leveling kit on my '16 Denali for about a year and half...no issues. If your going to level, I'm a firm believer in buying a full kit (CCM's or any reputable manufacture) that consists of Upper Control Arms, Diff Drop Spacers, Keys, and Shock Extensions (or replacement shocks). You can just crank the stock keys and align it...but you will wear parts prematurely...like ball joints, idler and pitman arms, etc. An engineered kit keeps things closer to our factory spec. Don't over-crank the keys or your CV angles really get away from being happy. Or, you can purchase the full lift kit...these will keep angles much closer to the factory spec...

I'm running slightly below "true level" and my tire size has no rubbing issues, nor did I have to trim anything. But I am on the stock 20" wheels and BFG states these tires are 34" tall. 

I'm sure others can respond on the tire size you want with your rim spec's...

Here is a pic of CCMs UCA if you want to compare to other reputable manufactures... 

UCA Side.JPG

1 hour ago, EJCarter said:

Welcome to the Forum...

For your leveling kit, check out Central Coast Motorsports in San Luis Obispo, Ca (ccmoffroad.com). There not too far south of you. They are a small shop and build manufacture there own products, which keeps the price down. I've had their leveling kit on my '16 Denali for about a year and half...no issues. If your going to level, I'm a firm believer in buying a full kit (CCM's or any reputable manufacture) that consists of Upper Control Arms, Diff Drop Spacers, Keys, and Shock Extensions (or replacement shocks). You can just crank the stock keys and align it...but you will wear parts prematurely...like ball joints, idler and pitman arms, etc. An engineered kit keeps things closer to our factory spec. Don't over-crank the keys or your CV angles really get away from being happy. Or, you can purchase the full lift kit...these will keep angles much closer to the factory spec...

I'm running slightly below "true level" and my tire size has no rubbing issues, nor did I have to trim anything. But I am on the stock 20" wheels and BFG states these tires are 34" tall. 

I'm sure others can respond on the tire size you want with your rim spec's...

Here is a pic of CCMs UCA if you want to compare to other reputable manufactures... 

UCA Side.JPG

I appreciate the info! After some research it seems like Cognito is a pretty big player in the leveling kit market for these trucks. How does their kit compare to the CCM kit that you have? The UCA's look very similar to yours. I've been out of the lifted truck scene for a while so I'm not familiar with Cognito products. I'll actually be in SLO in a couple weeks so maybe I'll check them out while I'm down there. Definitely going full kit to keep the geometry right though.

On a side note is your Edge a tuner or just a monitor? My last Duramax was a 03 LB7 with the Edge Juice but a lot has changed in CA since then. Not interested in deleting this truck but I'm always curious when I see trucks with CA plates that are modified. Thanks again for the info!

Cognito is a good kit and I was headed that direction before I purchased mine, but decided to go see Danny at CCM. Years ago, I purchased some things from CCM as was very happy with them and their products. I am local in the area so it's easy for me to go by their shop. I have read on other posts that some Cognito UCAs were coming apart with welding issues. Some had great warranty support...others didn't. But regardless, they still had to replace the part. I also have known numerous people that have purchased CCM products. There has never been an issue...I also like the fact I am close if I need them...

The Edge is a CTS2...monitor only.... Similar to you, my last truck was a '04 LLY. I had gauges on the A Pillar. I too had to learn the new technology with these new trucks. This is plug-n-play and plugs into the OBD2 port under the dash. I also purchased a center console mount from ProFormance Diesel in Bakersfield (pro-formancediesel.com). Plugged into the OBD2 port is not as accurate for EGT, but it does give me a close number for trending. It is expandable where you can add different sensors for more accurate results, but I chose not to go that far. Not really needed for me as I'm not deleting either...or doing any engine / tranny mods...

Here is a pic of my CTS2 in the Pro-Formance center console mount. You have to remove the stock rubber "card holder" and cut a hole for the CTS2 cable. From there, it easily snakes through the extended floor console and over to the OBD2 port. If you need to return it to stock, simply remove the center console mount and replace your stock rubber card holder. There are company's that do make CTS2 mounts for the A Pillar if you choose...

after.JPG

Cuts complete.JPG

Archived