Vibration Issue on 2016 Yukon Denali XL

I have a 2016 Yukon XL Denali and having two issues that seem to be common among several GM vehicles. Car has 44,,XXX miles so factory warranty is no longer valid even though we have only had the vehicle for a little more than two years.

The first is the "Service Driver Assist" warning that appears to be an issue over the past several years on multiple models.  Based on what I have read, it is common that the wires under the driver seat get damaged when the seat is adjusted.  Has anyone had luck getting GM to recognize the faulty design of this system and received assistance getting is fixed.  I have seen it is common to pay as much as  $400 for parts and labor.

Also, we are noticing intermittent vibration at various speeds and RPM's.  I have read a variety of posts regarding this issue which is commonly referred to as the "Chevy Shake".  Does anyone know if this is covered under the Powertrain warranty?

Any help you can share would be greatly appreciated.  I have spoken with the dealer I purchased the vehicle from regarding the Driver Assist issue and they were no help. 

A little disappointed in the reliability of a vehicle that had a sticker price of more than $80,000.

Edited by BRS1985

• 1 month later...

I HAD THIS VIBRATION ON MY 2015 SUB LT. NEW TIRES AND THEN ANOTHER SET. FINALLY BROUGHT IT TO ONE OF THE FEW SHOPS IN LAKE CHARLES  THAT HAD A NEW ROAD FORCE BALANCE MACHINE..THAT WAS MY PROBLEM, HAD TO GO BUY  A 3RD SET OF TIRES..THAT FIXED IT; WITH ONLY 27,000 MILES

I jut had my 2018 with 3k miles on them balanced twice, one with road force and one without. The second time was with road force and the end result was 10,12,18,22 lbs of road force and GM says that was all within limits. I feel 18,22 is too high but according to GM that is within specs. 

Im going to measure my rear axle balance tonight and see what might come out to be before I send it back to the GM service dept

Road force balance specs.pdf

My vehicle has a vibration that seems to be constant despite the road condition (to a degree) or it feels like my suspension is always bouncing up/down like I'm driving on a cobblestone road/rocky road

Edited by Dearmosd

• 4 months later...

For me I had the tech rebalance the third set of tires and he said all we're 17lbs RF. At the same time he flushed my transmission with the new fluid. Shudder from transmission is gone and the vibration was near null for 2-3 weeks then it started to come back. I don't think it's transmission and feel it's the tires again. 

I'm going to talk to service manager and try to talk my way into getting Michelin defenders. The tech is coaching me into what I should say to promote this request.

7k miles and I have had 4 RFB, 3 new tires

I had the same vibration at high speeds (55+). Turns out it was the bridgestone tires. I replaced the tires with Michelin Defenders and the vibration has not returned... Would highly recommend the defenders. I have about 10k miles on them and they've been great.

• Like 1