2014 GMC Sierra Allterrain SLT LED Daytime Running Lights "DRLs"

SierraNation

Question

Can anyone tell me how many volts are going through my DRL harness from the truck to the module in the headlight it self? It's the grey/brown wire on truck side to a solid brown wire on the headlight side. I installed an after market switchback white/amber LED strip kit with the after market DRL function from Diodedynamics. Everything functions properly except the max brightness of the two LED strips during DRL mode. I wired everything up according to the diagram they sent me. Supposedly the red wire coming from the led controller runs off the brown wire which, should be sending 12volts through it lighting both strips up at a higher brightness level than when the strips are on with the headlights or park lights. This isn't the case. The LED strips only operate on a "low voltage" mode regardless of headlamp mode. I will add the description of the switchback's operation from diodedynamic's web page below for a complete understanding of what should be happening during each headlamp mode:

There are 4 wires coming from the new LED controller: Red for DRL, Yellow for blinker, White for park llights, and Black form ground. According to the kit the wires are to be wired up as followed: Red to brown, yellow to yellow, white to green, and black to black. Yet my new strips stay on low voltage output when in DRL mode... any adivce?773c6e53c432c5e553aae403fef5b0c5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet