2002 vs 2006 GM 2500 Front

Fellas...does anyone know if there is somewhere you can order adapter brackets to allow a person to use the front (grill/bumper) from a 2002 on a 2006 2500 frame?

- I mistakenly bought an ‘02 parts truck specifically to repair my ‘06 that went into the trees head, on assuming everything would bolt up just the same since I was taking the rad support/etc.  Apparently the bumper brackets on the frame/bumper are different which is why the 03-07 models seem to have the bumper lower down and have that plastic spacer between the grill and bumper.

So if I can buy some adapter brackets/etc to make this work...I’ll go that route before having to find a bumper, insert/spacer, and grill from an 03-07.  Thanks!!!

If you've got the plastic "spacer" on a gm sierra truck, that means it has the factory 2" body raise, which the heavy-duty trucks generally got.  You might have got a LD truck for your parts truck...

I don't know if the bumper brackets/bolt pattern is different, it might be, but you might be able to just transfer the spacer over to your replacement grille.

I do know there was a significant change for the '03/'04 model year, so it's better for parts compatibility to use a parts on the right side of that split.

Yeah - it originally had the spacer on it indicating the body lift I assume.

Im going to take a closer look tonight and see if I can’t get the bumper to mount up since it looks like it should and then get the plastic spacer to fill the gap.

But yeah if anyone still knows of the “easy” way to make this work that would be much appreciated before I have to get the as mentioned more applicable ‘03 and up bumper, grill, and spacer.

Thanks again!