Rock Light Install... anyone?

Just got these in, but the install sure is looking like some work. Anyone install in the wheel wells yet? Wondering what a pain that is.

Also curious how you ran the wire through the firewall.

b2f1b89414a93d2082eae868118b9ef7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got these in, but the install sure is looking like some work. Anyone install in the wheel wells yet? Wondering what a pain that is.

I got cheap Amazon ones and wired them into my tag lights (changed to led to reduce the load) and they were super easy to run the wiring and mount into the fender liner35c8f55647b9144f5e34e5de30edd54f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, destrada127 said:

I got cheap Amazon ones and wired them into my tag lights (changed to led to reduce the load) and they were super easy to run the wiring and mount into the fender liner35c8f55647b9144f5e34e5de30edd54f.jpg

Nice, did you take the fender liners out? 

Nice, did you take the fender liners out? 
No I just removed the 2 plastic nuts and the 5 million T15 screws just enough to reach my hand back there to tighten the nut. If you want an easier way with more access you'll have to remove the rear mud flap on the front and one of the mud flaps on the rear. Once some of the screws are out, it's pliable enough to move where you need it to. When I get home I'll post more pics

1 hour ago, destrada127 said:

No I just removed the 2 plastic nuts and the 5 million T15 screws just enough to reach my hand back there to tighten the nut. If you want an easier way with more access you'll have to remove the rear mud flap on the front and one of the mud flaps on the rear. Once some of the screws are out, it's pliable enough to move where you need it to. When I get home I'll post more pics

Thank you

On 4/12/2019 at 10:21 AM, BillyDee said:

There should be a couple spots to easily pass through the firewall on the Pass side, as well as a couple open slots in the fuse box right there.  

23 minutes ago, MadCaddie said:

There should be a couple spots to easily pass through the firewall on the Pass side, as well as a couple open slots in the fuse box right there.  

Thanks.   I tested them on the bench with a 12V battery.   If you set the color it remembers it... but only until you cut power.   For that reason, I want to find a always on power source.   Want to set them to Blue and not need the iPhone app everytime.