14 Sierra Invalid Map update

Hey guys just got my 2020 USB map up date for my 2014 GMC sierra. I ordered it off The Gm. Website its vin specific of course. I stick it in the USB slot in the truck and it Says Invalid update anyone experience this? Seem like the most simplest things on this truck fights me tooth and damn mails smh. Any suggestions?

Yes...I have a 2015i and it says the same thing. See if it will show up in your home computer. I gave mine to the dealer to install and they said same thing so I left at dealer to figure out. I think its a bad USB as I have 5 USB ports, and they all say the same. I did call GM and they said to send the USB back but would not give me an address to send it to so I still have it...or the dealer still has it!!

If you figure it out or get an address to send...let me know. $100 of my money wasting away!!

Sierra Boy

16 minutes ago, Sierra Boy said:

Yes...I have a 2015i and it says the same thing. See if it will show up in your home computer. I gave mine to the dealer to install and they said same thing so I left at dealer to figure out. I think its a bad USB as I have 5 USB ports, and they all say the same. I did call GM and they said to send the USB back but would not give me an address to send it to so I still have it...or the dealer still has it!!

If you figure it out or get an address to send...let me know. $100 of my money wasting away!!

Sierra Boy

The map was sent out from Tennessee but I will see what I can figure out tomorrow. Hopefully things turn around. Some kind of way 

On 12/30/2019 at 9:50 PM, Sierra Boy said:

Sierra Boy

Well I called Gm navigation today on 1-6-2020 and they gave me this number to a Gm Nav Disc line 866-351-7608 they took my order number and vin just this morning. They are going to send me a email with instructions to return the map says it was the wrong one. Told me I need a different part number which is #84524520 for that truck and that the earliest map update that i.could get would be the 2019 map update which was basically updated in August 2018. I told them that's fine I just dont wanna waste a hundred bucks at this point. She said the 2020 map update wont be available for another few months or so but no exact date. So I'm gone keep going until there is a resolution so how. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PearlSierra said:

Well I called Gm navigation today on 1-6-2020 and they gave me this number to a Gm Nav Disc line 866-351-7608 they took my order number and vin just this morning. They are going to send me a email with instructions to return the map says it was the wrong one. Told me I need a different part number which is #84524520 for that truck and that the earliest map update that i.could get would be the 2019 map update which was basically updated in August 2018. I told them that's fine I just dont wanna waste a hundred bucks at this point. She said the 2020 map update wont be available for another few months or so but no exact date. So I'm gone keep going until there is a resolution so how. 

Thank you for going through with this!! I will get my USB back and call and hope to get same results!

Thank you!!

Sierra Boy

12 minutes ago, Sierra Boy said:

Thank you for going through with this!! I will get my USB back and call and hope to get same results!

Thank you!!

Sierra Boy

You're welcome I also just got off the phone with Gm Navigation again waited over a hour never got the email that they claimed to have sent. So I called back they sent me a text whiel i was on the phone with them with a number to write on the outside of the package. Also they gave me a address in which to return the package to. They said to also get a tracking number sad part is you have to pay to have this shipped for there mistake. Which is crazy so I might ship it back once I get off from work if I have time.