Battery drains within 15-20 min

10 hours ago, Russ Swift said:

If not actually the starter, may have been connections to starter, which were all secured correctly and tight with the new starter.  You can only hope.  Good luck and thanx for the the updates.

Still trying to figure out why my Rear Park Assist keeps going in and out.  In the process of checking three fuses and one relay to see what happens.  If it is on when I start up, it goes out after driving a short time.  Makes me think something heats up and causes a short to the system.  No rush to go to the Stealer/Dealer.

Yeah man, can only hope!! It does sound possible, though! Time will tell these next few days/weeks..

as far as your park assist, do you mean, the sensors? The ones that vibrate/beep when you’re backing up? 

Rear Park Assist is the dashes behind the vehicle in the DIC when you get close to something, along with triangles in the rear camera that indicate something behind you that change color the closer you get, along with the seat vibrations.  Changed three fuses, no change.  Will change the relay next, then have the wiring harness to each sensor checked, still think there is a short somewhere when the wires heat up.  You can only hope.

On 6/13/2020 at 8:20 PM, Russ Swift said:

Rear Park Assist is the dashes behind the vehicle in the DIC when you get close to something, along with triangles in the rear camera that indicate something behind you that change color the closer you get, along with the seat vibrations.  Changed three fuses, no change.  Will change the relay next, then have the wiring harness to each sensor checked, still think there is a short somewhere when the wires heat up.  You can only hope.

Got ya!! Well, on my previous Yukon, the 15’ model, which obviously was the firs gen to include them, I lost them all after first, the right corner  sensor on the front bumper started intermittently getting loose, and freezing solid (while lose after getting out of the car wash, NJ resident) So, while this was going on, I got banged from behind Really softly.. Not even a dent. This was right on the right side of the rear bumper. A few days later, all my assists went off! 
I brought it to my buddy’s body shop for an opinion.. His suggestion was, that both are causing the problem, first Intermittently feom the right side front bumper sensor, and second, most likely  have shut it all down, was the bang in the back Bumper which dislodged/damaged the Park assist module! Which is right in the Right side corner from rear bumper. If you lay down, sneak in under the car slightly, and wrap your hand around it, you be able to feel it. See if it’s loose, or somehow a connection slipped off. (Unlikely) but try it. Mine was all damaged and half hanging, so I’m almost 100% certain that was the culprit. 
To be sure though, check all the bumper sensors front/back, in case any of them is slightly loose or damaged. That will definitely cause it to malfunction as well. 
My solution, at the time, my car had already almost 300k, so I just left it alone, since I got this current one 8 months later. But the problem was there till the day I sold it on Craig’s list. As a matter of fact I explained all this to the buyer. Lol. Keep us posted. ? 

FYI, so far almost a week, no Battery issues!! Truly bizarre, but will see.  Rick! 

• Like 1

On 6/16/2020 at 10:01 AM, Russ Swift said:

Good info, thanx.  Still happening.  Have body shop apt next week for new running board.  I’ll ask them to check, and I’ll check/feel the rear connections.  

Sounds good. I’m pretty confident that that’s where the problem lies.. 

• Like 1