In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

My 2014 Z71 Build

Dragonsys

I just purchased a 2014 2LT Z71 to replace my previous truck which was totaled

RPO Codes

It came with a K&N Intake, 18" Black MB Wheels TKO, & Spray in Bedliner

Parts pending install (need additional parts or time): Kenwood HU, Kicker Subs & AMP

Plans/Wants/Considering: Tow Mirrors, Driver Assist Handle, 2.5" Level/Lift, Hidden Antennae

This is what it looked like as purchased:

As purchased Towing the toy K&N Intake

Edited by Dragonsys
  • Like 1

Brake Controller (Adapter Link) installed today.

I also ordered a sub box, just need to get the Maestro RR (w/GM3), Dash Kit, GM Antenna Adapter and wiring harness and I can install the stereo.

brake controller

Found Rear AC Vent Deflectors, wondering how much they actually help.

Looking at getting a Power Tailgate lock, and 2.5" lift/leveling kit, in the next month or so, and other misc. little things.

Edited by Dragonsys

Sub box arrived early, so I got the subs mounted and the box installed. Plan on installing the AMP this (or next) weekend, so it is all prepped for when I get everything for the HeadUnit.side of sub box front of sub box

I also installed a Magic Mount for my cell phone.

phone mount

Edited by Dragonsys

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I finished up installing the Pop&Lock Tailgate lock, works very well, and I like that I can override it with the key if needed.

I also removed the front lower air dam

BeforeAfter

And I installed a Soler Throttle Controller

Soler Throttle Controller

Finally got around to ordering everything I need to complete the radio & amp install, so that should give me something to do next weekend, if the weather holds out.

I found that the Vent Visors on the rear doors actually hit the glass, so I plan on trying to re-shape them with the heat gun, just enough to clear the window properly.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...