Service Trailer Brake System

My truck is 3 months old and battery was dead this morning (No clue what drained the battery). After jumpstarting the truck the 'Service Trailer Brake System' warning was on and I couldn't dismiss the message as the toggle button wouldn't work. On top of that steering wheel heating wasn't working. Can this happen due to a dead battery until sufficient charge is restored to the battery? After driving for a while and shutting off and restarting truck warning wasn't on anymore. I recently moved the camper into storage and unplugged the wiring harness while truck was running and was making sure that would have caused some internal issue that would drain battery.

Similar thing happened to me last week. I parked my trailer in storage Monday. Drove the truck about 30 mins afterwards. Parked it for a few days, battery was dead. Jumped and charged it up. Got the same error message. It cleared right away though. No other issues. Battery has been fine since. Oddly, no lights or anything were left on. I have no idea how the battery got drained.

First time it’s happened. Bought the truck October 2019 and have 17k miles on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk