Pulsar LT tire size adjust

got it installed, I noticed with the power level adjust and Speed limiter adjust it shows the stock setting before any adjustments are made, when I adjusted for my 35s i had to enter the stock size first which were 265/65/20 Goodyear’s(I think they’re 33”), when I went to that mode it started at 32, confused me a little so I set it at 32.5 then went to 34.5 for my bfg’s. Anyone have insight on this? I’m going to test against gps and see if the odo is correct.

I set mine to 33” to account for the 275/70-18’s I put on.  It seems to be pretty close.  Mine too was set at 32” when I set it up.  That’s the stock tire size. Only been on for a few days so I’ll look into it deeper as I drive.  I also like the power adjust at 20.  Didn’t think I’d need it with the 6.2 but it actually does make it more responsive.  

I shut off the DFM and Auto Stop too.  So far so good.  

Edited by Wakinvol

2 hours ago, Wakinvol said:

I set mine to 33” to account for the 275/70-18’s I put on.  It seems to be pretty close.  Mine too was set at 32” when I set it up.  That’s the stock tire size. Only been on for a few days so I’ll look into it deeper as I drive.  I also like the power adjust at 20.  Didn’t think I’d need it with the 6.2 but it actually does make it more responsive.  

I shut off the DFM and Auto Stop too.  So far so good.  

I can confirm that whatever size you enter for the first value does affect the mileage. I was off 1/4 mile at 10 miles. I switched to 33 stock, then 34.5 for the bfgs and if it’s off I won’t be able to tell unless I’m putting in more than 20 miles, tested it against 10 miles and it was accurate, mine came with 33s stock.

I played with the different performance levels and 2 is good. 3-5 it stays in low gear too long and the throttle becomes too sensitive. 5 makes it seem like I’m angry when I’m leaving my house lol. I have a Borla catback and shutting off dfm was probably the single best trait. Truck sounds better at low speeds and and I don’t have to push the auto stop button anymore. My GPS was acting up after the install but after driving with it and shutting it off for an hour and turning it on again it was working normally.

The factory 275/65-18 DuraTracs are in the 32.07 range so I figured the initial setting of 32” was close to accurate.  The 275/70-18 Ridge Grapplers show 33.16 so I think I’m good at 33” with the Pulsar.  I’ve got the GM Performance exhaust and really didn’t notice the DFM too much before but I went ahead and disabled it anyway.  I’d much rather run on all 8 all the time. Also glad the stupid auto stop is gone.