2006 Silverado 2500hd 6.0l driveshaft bearing

I just bought a new to me 2006 chevy 2500hd extended cab short bed with the 6.0l and 2wd, all stock. I need to replace the u joints and driveshaft bearing which is no biggie but I have some questions. 

1. My driveshaft bearing carrier has no steel support plate between the bearing and mounting spot. Should this truck have that ~1/2" steel spacer? I only ask because some bearings are sold with that spacer that is currently not on my truck. 

2. Is there anything bad about non-greasable u joints? 

3. How hard is it to replace the transmission output seal for the 4spd automatic and should I while I'm in there? It's not obviously leaking but has some grease/grime around the output.

I'm a big fan of preventative matinence.

Thanks

RJ

88934865 is the OE center support.  

Amazon.com: Genuine GM Parts 88934865 Drive Shaft Center Support Bearing:  Automotive

Nothing wrong with non greasable u-joints.  The OE joints are sealed and many of them last a lot longer than you'd think. 

OE joint # is 88964413.

ACDelco 88964413 ACDelco Professional Universal Joints | Summit Racing

Tailshaft seal is pretty straightforward.  Remove the driveshaft, remove the seal, install the new one.  

The drive shaft shop I go to has told me that non grease able U joints are stronger since they don't have the grease holes drilled in them.

My 73 F100  that was almost overloaded would need the rear U joint replaced about once a year.

We tried all the different u joints available, grease able. non-grease able, expensive German made, no matter what they all lasted the same amount of time.