Wireless Phone Charging feature will no longer be available

Wireless Phone Charging:

The Wireless Phone Charging feature will no longer be available on certain 2021 model year:

• Chevrolet Tahoe and Suburban
  • GMC Yukon and Yukon XL

And certain 2022 model year:

• Cadillac XT5
  • Cadillac XT6
  • Chevrolet Traverse
  • Buick Enclave

This takes effect starting on or after:

• July 12, 2021, on certain 2021 Chevrolet Tahoe and Suburban, as well as certain GMC Yukon and Yukon XL
  • August 2, 2021, on certain 2022 Cadillac XT5 and XT6; Chevrolet Traverse and Buick Enclave

By taking this measure, it will enable continued production and delivery of inventory to help respond to the strong customer and dealer demand for our most popular vehicles as the industry continues to rebound and strengthen.

For orders with a scheduled production date on or after:

• July 12, 2021, GM will build certain 2021 Chevrolet Tahoe and Suburbans, as well as GMC Yukon and Yukon XL models with the added RPO code 00C - Not Equipped with Wireless Phone Charging
  • August 2, 2021, GM will build certain Chevrolet Traverse and Buick Enclaves with RPO code R6I -Not Equipped with Wireless Phone Charging  and certain 2022 Cadillac XT5 and XT6s with the added RPO code R6S – Not Equipped with Wireless Phone Charging

Please refer to the table below for trim details and updated Order Guide which will be available July 12, 2021.

These RPO codes will be reflected on the Dealer Invoice along with an associated $75 MSRP credit.  The Monroney label will include this credit and indicate that the vehicle is not equipped with Wireless Phone Charging. Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, and Cadillac are updating all consumer and dealer facing materials as appropriate.

The dealer has the responsibility to and must advise affected sold order customers immediately. In addition, dealers are strongly urged to counsel directly with all customers who purchase affected vehicles to ensure each customer understands its vehicle content.  This change to the availability of Wireless Phone Charging is currently expected to remain in place for the remainder of the 2021MY for Chevrolet Tahoe and Suburban, as well as GMC Yukon and Yukon XL and for a portion of the 2022 model year for Cadillac XT5 and XT6; Chevrolet Traverse and Buick Enclave.  A listing of affected trims is listed below and is subject to change by General Motors:

2021 CHEVROLET TAHOE / SUBURBAN
LT, Z71, Premier, High Country
2021 GMC YUKON / YUKON XL
SLT, AT4, Denali
2022 CADILLAC XT5
Luxury, Premium Luxury, Sport
2022 CADILLAC XT6
Luxury, Premium Luxury, Sport
2022 CHEVROLET TRAVERSE
LT, RS, Premier, High Country
2022 BUICK ENCLAVE
Essence, Premium, Avenir

2 hours ago, newdude said:

They just added the steering column lock delete to the SUVs as well starting July 5th production.  

Yeah, I actually posted that one first before seeing this one! lol

We are finally starting to get quite a few trucks/SUV's in here over the past couple weeks, which is nice since we were out, thing is no sooner they come off the truck they are sold!

My truck officially came without the auto-start stop and the $50 credit, it's still there though. I have the button and all. Maybe it will be the same with these missing features as well 😉

8 minutes ago, fatkat said:

My truck officially came without the auto-start stop and the $50 credit, it's still there though. I have the button and all. Maybe it will be the same with these missing features as well 😉

Hmm, so you got credit for it on the window sticker, have the button, have the RPO code? and it still auto stop/starts?!? Interesting!

14 minutes ago, MS3DALE said:

Hmm, so you got credit for it on the window sticker, have the button, have the RPO code? and it still auto stop/starts?!? Interesting!

Correct. The car must have just made the production date cut off and they've applied the code to all of the cars by mistake.

Edited by fatkat