2019 Denali pickup Brembo brake option is a bust

First off I luv my Denali, however at 40,000kms I’m faced with my 3rd front rotor milling (which simply exacerbates the problem by thinning the rotors further reducing their heat dissipation ability) but there are no replacement rotors available up here in Canada from GM or Brembo and they have been on back ordered and have been for 2 yrs) this $6K option package is a joke. FYI the only Brembo upgrade to this kit is the front calipers (6 piston) and the large front rotor, the rear Brembo kit is simply a painted stock calliper and stock rotor. 
IMO the problem is the Brembo pads, they are too hard and do not dissipate the heat fast enough. Softer pads would absolutely cure the problem but Brembo do not make them and neither do any of the aftermarket performance shops like Hawk etc.

Often the reason manufactures prefer harder pads is the fact they they reduce brake dust which dirty the wheels. To hell with longevity and warped rotors, they aren’t covered under warranty anyway!!

Cliff in Toronto

0BC717A1-A9A0-41DD-BC0D-75B3EDCBBC4E.jpeg

35785DF0-AF82-4A02-AD83-63C27CA8081E.png

Edited by Cliff Randall
Spelling

Brembo pads are tough on rotors.

On my car the pads and rotors were toast at 28k miles.

But turning down the rotors is not a choice in my opinion.

I replaced the rotors with new gm rotors and the pads with EBC red stuff pads.

22 hours ago, Earl Cordova said:

Brembo pads are tough on rotors.

On my car the pads and rotors were toast at 28k miles.

But turning down the rotors is not a choice in my opinion.

I replaced the rotors with new gm rotors and the pads with EBC red stuff pads.

Interested how many miles drove since replacing rotors and using the EBC pads and do you still have part numbers please?

I'm think I've seen the rotor numbers, but thought I'd ask for backup.

Sorry to hear about OP's experience.  I bought my truck used with 7k miles with this Brembo package as factory option by previous owner in Virginia. I'll keep a closer eye on mine, but so far with nearly 10k, the rotor/pad wear is minimum and even.