Help! Does anyone know which tailgates for 2019-Current Silverado 1500 have a flat top versus the raised bump top?

Some tailgates have had flat black plastic pc across the top and others are raised like the one in this photo. I have read that there's 4 tailgates available as an option and visually they are the same. If that's true then what designates whether it's gonna be flat or raised? I originally thought it was related to the Multi-Flex tailgate but now I'm confused again. Can someone enlighten me please? We build truck caps and they take different builds depending on which tailgate they have and I need to figure all this out.

QT2- manual gate function

QT3- manual gate function w/ EZ lift

QT5- manual gate function w/ EZ lift, power lock and release

QT6- power up/down gate w/ power lock & release

Any help is appreciated....

21 Silverado Bump.jpeg

2 hours ago, Swiss Caps said:

Some tailgates have had flat black plastic pc across the top and others are raised like the one in this photo. I have read that there's 4 tailgates available as an option and visually they are the same. If that's true then what designates whether it's gonna be flat or raised? I originally thought it was related to the Multi-Flex tailgate but now I'm confused again. Can someone enlighten me please? We build truck caps and they take different builds depending on which tailgate they have and I need to figure all this out.

QT2- manual gate function

QT3- manual gate function w/ EZ lift

QT5- manual gate function w/ EZ lift, power lock and release

QT6- power up/down gate w/ power lock & release

Any help is appreciated....

1500 vs HD.  All of the 1500 gates (traditional and MultiPro/MultiFlex) have the spoiler.

HD has no spoiler but has the inverted hand hole in the center.   

I will have pictures in the next two posts.

1500 standard gates uses molding # 84493626.

1500 Multi-Pro/Flex uses molding # 84608904.

HD standard gates use molding # 84680094.

HD Multi-Pro/Flex use molding # 84680095.

The HD top moldings don't appear to fit the 1500 tailgates.  The HD gate stamping has the hand hole area stamped in the top of the gate metal.  1500 gates don't.  

Edited by newdude
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Swiss Caps said:

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you...... I can't tell you how much I appreciate your help.  Would you happen to know if the curve of the tailgate from side to side are the same on the 1500's? It's a little hard to tell by your pictures. (which are fabulous otherwise:) Hahaha..

Hmmm.  Let me see what I can come up with.  

I'm not 100% sure why he is asking me that but it doesn't have to be exactly to the millimeter the same. Just if it appears to be the same by eyeballing them. If you took a picture just a step or two backwards on both trucks again that will tell him what he needs to know. He being, my brother. As long as you stand in the same position in relation to the tailgate on both trucks, that will tell me all I need and I can stop bothering you good folks.... For now, anyway. Hahaha.  :)