DL3 Mirror swap...no window function??

Hi Everyone,

Just swapped out mirrors from my 2013 2500 Suburban, using most of the post discussions at a guide on what to do, what to get.  I sourced a set of matched mirrors on ebay.  I also sourced a window switch from an Escalade as well as the passenger side switch from the same vehicle.  

Swapped out the mirrors, connected all the plugs and the turn signals function, the power fold functions.  Tried to lower the windows and the front driver's side and front passenger windows do not function from the new switch.  The rear windows work with the driver's master control switch, but the fronts do not.

Could this be a faulty switch or do I need to delve deeper into the issue?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.  

Most Escalade's and Denali's have 'memory' mirrors which means they are controlled through the BCM.  The front windows are as well.  The driver's window/mirror switch has a module in it that needs to be programmed to your truck so the BCM can communicate with it.  The dealer should be able to help you with this as long as the driver's switch you have is compatible with your Suburban.  If it is not, you will need a different switch.    

Edited by C/K Man

C/K..Thanks for the reply.  I'm going to source another switch and see if this one is defective or not compatible.  I reconnected the original switches and the windows functioned normally.  I plugged in the new switches and same result.

I do have all the functions witht the new switch that are applicable with the mirrors.  I have the fold function, signals and puddle lamps.  

Hopefully I can source another and have better results.  I'll update the post after.

Again, thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I exchanged the switch for a different one, same part number, same sequence.  Same results.  Mirrors fold, no front window power, rear windows function normally.

I checked out a co-worker's '07 Yukon Denali and the part number is different than the one I purchased from the Escalade.

I'll try sourcing a switch with that part number and see if my luck fares better.  If not, off to the dealer to have the switch programmed.

I'll post up my findings on mirror index descriptions on my update..

• Like 1