Check Trailer Brake connection

It could be the pigtail on the trailer.  My 2020 2500HD did not like the pigtail on my 2018 Airstream trailer. I changed the pigtail to one with blade type connectors and it solved the problem.  The new pigtail slides into the truck plug easier and makes a more secure connection.  This might not fix your problem but it's inexpensive and worth a try.

https://www.amazon.com/NEW-SUN-Connector-Trailer-Adapter/dp/B07HVS1SY3/ref=sr_1_14_sspa?keywords=trailer+pigtail&qid=1642040293&sprefix=trailer+pig%2Caps%2C97&sr=8-14-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExWkgwR1AzMEhXR0tSJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMTc4Njg5MVVaU1g2NTZCVERFTSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwODU2MzkxM09XWTdKVDFCSklJQSZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX210ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

• 4 weeks later...

I have a 20 3500 HD and we pull a 5th wheel. I have had many instances where I've had to plug and un plug because the truck was not recognizing the camper, no trailer connection. But when it does this the lights and brakes do work. Not really sure where the problem is, just another intermittent electrical issue. Also I have had the not recalling brake gain issue as well, but never  had an issue towing or braking