5.7 Bogging Down

Hello all. This is the first time I have done this. I have a 1992 Chey C10 Sport. 5.7 TBI w/a manual and just under 165,000mi. It hasn't been my primary driver for a several years now. In the last few years when I would drive it, it would bog down and sputter (best way I can describe it) when in shift through first and second. Once in third, it would run fine, including no issues in first and second after being driven for awhile.

Today,  I decided to drive it to work so my wife could drive my car for work. Had the same issue except it wasn't just happen when I was in first and second but through all gears. Service engine light came on, and now it sputters some while idling but does stay running.

The only plan I have at the moment is to let it cool down, check fluids, and put some additive in to just make it home and to go from there. Right now I feel like it's possibly the fuel pump since it's happening during acceleration. If anyone has some thoughts, I would much appreciate it. 

Fuel filter? see what codes it has first. Rats nest in the air cleaner? maybe just a tune-up, plugs,wires, cap and rotor. Are the injectors spraying evenly? take a timing light, hook it to the coil wire and shoot it at the injector spray to check. Clogged cat?